Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-31-2010, 21:37   #1
ReyFufuRulesAll
Pantless Wonder

My email to Ubisoft

Quote:
I purchased Far Cry 2 a while ago, assuming that, by purchasing it, I would be able to play the game whenever I see fit. However, since then, I have reinstalled my operating system, gotten a new hard drive, etc. So today, when I decided to play it (since it is one of my favorite games), I was notified that I cannot, since I have not yet activated it on this system. Whatever, I do as I'm told, only to find out that evidently I have activated it too many times. I go online to try and find an easy fix, and am told by your site that I need to uninstall it to use the revocation process.

Now that's fantastic and all, but I had no idea that my usage would be limited when I had wiped my hard drive, so now I can't revoke the license, since "this product was not activated on the current machine". So, after attempting to navigate the god-awful ubisoft site, which was evidently designed by preschoolers, I am now here begging you to allow me to play the game that I purchased and legally own.

My current key is FC2-****-****-****-****. I request you either send me a different one, or clear all licensed PCs from that one so that I may start anew.

Thanks for ruining a perfectly good day, and I hope you can prevent me from boycotting your company entirely, which will be the case if this screw-up on your behalf is not set right within the next 24 hours.

Anything you can't do pantless, isn't worth doing.
ReyFufuRulesAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 21:39   #2
ReyFufuRulesAll
Pantless Wonder

I guess what really gets me is that I've been trying really, really hard to be more laid-back lately, and today I was really starting to feel a lot happier - and then this.

Old 03-31-2010, 22:15   #3
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
I hope they get it figured out.
thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 22:31   #4
ReyFufuRulesAll
Pantless Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejellster05 View Post
I hope they get it figured out.
Me too; and the boycott thing is not just a threat. If this doesn't work SOON, I will never again be a customer.

Old 03-31-2010, 22:45   #5
Ffolkes

One of many games that I had to torrent despite owning a copy, only the hacked versions with the copy and verification crap stripped off actually work. Great game once the teenagers have fixed it.
"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck

Last edited by Ffolkes; 03-31-2010 at 22:49..
Ffolkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 00:48   #6
kc8ykd

FC2 is/was an awesome game. I loved setting fires to the checkpoints, heh.
kc8ykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:24   #7
ChristopherBurg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffolkes View Post
One of many games that I had to torrent despite owning a copy, only the hacked versions with the copy and verification crap stripped off actually work. Great game once the teenagers have fixed it.
It's sad but will all these copy protection schemes companies are treating their paying customers like criminals while the criminals actually get to play the game.

When these types of schemes were new I ran into the same problem and ended up downloading a cracked version of the title just so I could play it. Now I'm actually at the point where I wait a month or so before buying a PC game just to find out what kind of copy protection crap a game is infested with. Generally I find out it's a scheme that requires an Internet connection to activate the game and hence I decide to just not buy it (nor pirate it, I want nothing to do with such titles). This is also one of the major reasons I dumped Microsoft Windows as my operating system.

To the original poster I'm guessing Ubisoft will allow you access to your game again (how noble it would be that they would allow you to play a game you paid for after begging for permission). But do take note that this kind of thing is going to be very common with any PC game produced in the last five or so years. My advice is anytime you want to buy a new PC game do a search for the game title plus the term DRM (in this case "Far Cry 3 DRM" would be your search term). You'll probably get a plethora of links going to forums where people have run into trouble with the copy protection mechanism of that specific title. If you don't the game is probably OK.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ChristopherBurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 22:18   #8
ReyFufuRulesAll
Pantless Wonder

Well, they done did the deal, and the guy who emailed me back had his own highly-disguised snarky comeback, but rather than be annoyed by that, it actually highly amused me.

Ubisoft has been mostly forgiven.

Old 04-05-2010, 18:09   #9
jtm62
CLM Number 148
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyFufuRulesAll View Post
Well, they done did the deal, and the guy who emailed me back had his own highly-disguised snarky comeback, but rather than be annoyed by that, it actually highly amused me.

Dude.... don't leave us hanging.... what did he say?
Old 04-06-2010, 19:27   #10
Nicky D
CLM Number 42
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyFufuRulesAll View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm62 View Post
Dude.... don't leave us hanging.... what did he say?

Exactly! You can't just type that and not follow through with what was sent to you.
Pennsylvania Glocker #90
Niner's #7172
Nicky D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 23:50   #11
m2hmghb

Jeez rey and I thought I had a cruel streak. Tell us what he said.

The M1 Garand rifle is the best battle implement ever devised by man.
m2hmghb is offline   Reply With Quote