Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:20   #1
CynicX

Real non resident ccw permit

A very good friend of my recently move too PA. And I've heard a lot about non resident permits. I'm curious how all this works, the internet seems to be a tangled web of information and mis information.

I'm a MD resident which according to what I read is a "may issue" state, however the reality is its a "no way in hell" state.

From what I'm reading online it says a lot of time the sheriff will not permit you to carry if your home state doesnt. Unless your home state does not issue CCW permits, and sucks for you if its just a tough state to get one in.

I was looking into the non resident Utah permit but that does not cover PA.

Anyway, can someone in the know give me some factual information on obtaining a non resident PA CCW permit?
Old 04-05-2010, 17:26   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Reciprocity is one thing, non-resident permits, another.

Personally, I always had good luck getting non-resident permits from the Allegheny County Sheriff's Department in Pittsburgh.

Reciprocity agreements between states change constantly. The best source currently active in my opinion on matters such as reciprocity can be found at www.handgunlaw.us. Don't just check it once and commit it to memory; check before every trip to or through the jurisdiction in question, because as noted things change quickly in that respect.

Handgunlaw.us will have links to the relevant "dot-gov" sources. Just before you embark on your trip, double-check, and download a hard copy of the regs from the state's own website. It could save embarassing moments if you have to explain your possession of a concealed handgun to a police officer new to the job, or not yet updated on recent reciprocity changes between the attorney general of his state, and the attorney general of yours.

Best of luck,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote