GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:04   #61
David Armstrong
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 11,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
David, you should know by now that I can prove everything I've ever said about my background, and this includes multiple Police Officer of the Year awards, 50+ letters of commendation and multiple shooting situations. Your repeated lies and insinuations to the contrary speak volumes about your lack of honesty, personal honor and integrity.

We never have agreed on much, but that's no reason to stoop to character asassination.
Yes, let's be clear. Another officer has said that you were a police officer for a few years in a relatively small and quiet city. That is about it. No verification or support for your wild claims. In fact many of them have been shown to be completely false. I make no lies or insinuations, I make statements: virtually all the advice you have posted is contrary to what most LEOs advise, most of the tactics you advise are in direct conflict with most of the recognized experts and professionals in the field, and all of your claims regarding actual experiences, awards, and so on are completely unsupported. There is no need for character assassination on my part or anyone else, as you manage to shoot yourself in the foot just about every time you post on these types of issues.

Last edited by David Armstrong; 04-11-2010 at 11:08..
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:11   #62
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
you manage to shoot yourself in the foot just about every time you post on these types of issues.
And he's consistent there too, since his advice is to "always shoot first."
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55   #63
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
And for all those who wouldn't "shoot first" in a life/death situation, I hope you've got plenty of life insurance, because your kids and widows are going to need it.
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 21:13..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:09   #64
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
[B]Ahhhhhhhhhh, yes, if I was a street cop in a small quiet city, perhaps you can explain why, while I worked there, it was the #1 highest crime rate city in the USA in the 100,000 pop category, averaging 31 murders a year. (NOTE: Later it dropped to 6th due to the numbers being G-2'd by the PD.)
On the contrary, YOU explain it by specifying which city this was, what exact time period, and what precinct/area you worked in.

That will be the first step in verifying your baseless claims.

You need to either step up the plate and declare chapter and verse on this "highest crime rate city" or go away.

Last edited by dgg9; 04-12-2010 at 08:10..
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:24   #65
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Let me guess, you have zero street experience in dealing with armed felons, right?
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 21:14..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:31   #66
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Let me guess, you have zero street experience in dealing with armed felons, right?
His documented track record is no less than your own.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42   #67
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
And he's consistent there too, since his advice is to "always shoot first."
Dgg, I know this is pretty complicated, but those who don't shoot first are often killed or wounded by those who do.

So tell me, dgg, are you advocating shooting second, or third, or fourth, or what???
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-12-2010 at 08:45..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:02   #68
David Armstrong
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 11,125
Quote:
So, David, you are way off base and ignorant of the facts, like always.
Actually, MTPD, like always you have tossed out a bunch of stuff without any evidence to support it other than your own claims, which have been found to regularly come up short. Hard to tell if I am ignorant of the facts or not as we have yet to see you offer anything that can be verified as facts.

Quote:
....perhaps you can explain why, while I worked there, it was the #1 highest crime rate city in the USA in the 100,000 pop category, averaging 31 murders a year.
I might suggest that if there was a murder rate of 31 it might be because you weren't a very good LEO and didn't understand how professionals work to prevent crime? I mean, you are always talking about how you never could seem to get a handle on controlling crime wherever you worked.

Last edited by David Armstrong; 04-12-2010 at 09:54..
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:15   #69
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Dgg, I know this is pretty complicated, but those who don't shoot first are often killed or wounded by those who do.
..unless this is the vast majority of cases, where nobody shoots. Are you under the impression that in all robberies, someone always gets shot?

Or they're bystanders or clerks killed or wounded when an unnecessary shooting starts.

Quote:
So tell me, dgg, are you advocating shooting second, or third, or fourth, or what???
So tell me, MTPD, have you stopped beating your wife yet, or what?

I missed the part of your post where you identified this "highest crime rate city," and what years you were on that PD.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:56   #70
PlayboyPenguin
Senior Member
 
PlayboyPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
..unless this is the vast majority of cases, where nobody shoots. Are you under the impression that in all robberies, someone always gets shot?

Or they're bystanders or clerks killed or wounded when an unnecessary shooting starts.



So tell me, MTPD, have you stopped beating your wife yet, or what?

I missed the part of your post where you identified this "highest crime rate city," and what years you were on that PD.
I think the name of the city is "Vice City."
__________________
"Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come we both know whose house you will be running to for protection."
- My response to friends that laugh at me for collecting firearms

Last edited by PlayboyPenguin; 04-12-2010 at 09:58..
PlayboyPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:14   #71
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 21:16..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17   #72
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Dgg, you seem to be dodging the question I asked.
You've got gall to even mention dodged questions, I'll give you that.

Here's the question you've been dodging for years now:

Specify which city this was, what exact time period, and what precinct/area you worked in.

That will be the first step in verifying your baseless claims.

You need to either step up the plate and declare chapter and verse on this "highest crime rate city" or go away.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:36   #73
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 21:19..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:43   #74
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,071
MTPD, why not just answer the question?
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:45   #75
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
You've got gall to even mention dodged questions, I'll give you that.

Here's the question you've been dodging for years now:

Specify which city this was, what exact time period, and what precinct/area you worked in.

That will be the first step in verifying your baseless claims.

You need to either step up the plate and declare chapter and verse on this "highest crime rate city" or go away.
My, my, that really bothers you, doesn't it? And what's your name, address, phone #, DOB, SS#, wife's name, and history of employment?

And yours too, VOLSBEAR & PLAYBOY.
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-12-2010 at 10:53..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:54   #76
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
My, my, that really bothers you, doesn't it? And what's your name, address, phone #, DOB, SS#, wife's name, and history of employment?
If I were basing 100% of the validity of my arguments on my name, address, phone #, DOB, SS#, wife's name, and history of employment, then yes, I would expect to be asked to produce them.

However, none of my arguments is based on any of that.

100% -- every single bit -- of your arguments are based on your claimed "experiences," and anecdotes you claim to have first hand knowledge of. Not one other real cop agrees with you, nor do any actual expert sources line up with your bizarre positions.

Therefore since you set up your claimed experiences as the SOLE basis for all your positions, you need to document them.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:23   #77
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 20:57..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:26   #78
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,071
MTPD, why not just answer the question?
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:27   #79
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Sounds like a BS excuse to me!
Yes, it sure is BS that you base every molecule of your positions on your claimed experience, then won't back it up.

Quote:
Isn't it a surprise that the person who keeps demanding that others post names, dates, places, etc., refuses to post them too!
Isn't it a surprise that MTPD is lying, since I don't "keep demanding that others post names, etc." YOU are the only person I've made that demand of, and the reason is that everyone else here is making a good faith effort to argue from the observed facts to a conclusion. You, alone, are refusing to provide any basis at all for your positions other than your claimed experience. So only YOU need to cough up documentation for those claimed experiences.

Last edited by dgg9; 04-12-2010 at 11:28..
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:00   #80
degoodman
Out of Columbus
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Marysville, OH
Posts: 3,953
Send a message via AIM to degoodman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Sounds like a BS excuse to me! Isn't it a surprise that the person who keeps demanding that others post names, dates, places, etc., refuses to post them too!
Hey, why not make it easy on the guy.

I don't want your real name, DOB, or any other personally identifying information.

I'd be happy with the name of your Agency or Municipality, and the dates of service you're talking about. I don't even care about actual dates or months, starting year and ending year will be good enough.

At least that much information will allow us to get to a UCR or a blotter report or SOMETHING that validates that an incident occurred, all without compromising your precious anonymity.

Oh, and if you want my information, its a public record in the State of Ohio, with personally indetifying information redacted, available for review at the William Oxley Thompson Memorial Library, The Ohio State University, 1858 Neil Avenue Mall, Columbus, OH, 43210. Its also been published in the Columbus Dispatch, Cleveland Plain Dealer, Toledo Blade, Cincinnati Enquirer and other news outlets, related to both my employment and my concealed weapons permit status.

Put up or shut up.
degoodman is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,198
285 Members
913 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42