GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27   #81
brausso
Senior Member
 
brausso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
You must be a graduate of one of David's sheeple-defense classes.

You don't "just say no". You do like the under-cover officer did the other day and pretend like you are complying until you see a good opportunity to draw and shoot. Then you drop the BG. Get it? You don't "say" anything. You quietly and meekly shoot the BG COM, repeatedly if necessary.

Let me guess, you have zero street experience in dealing with armed felons, right?
Seriously??? Hey dip s*it, did you not read my other responses about blending in and not drawing attention and then waiting for the right opportunity to make a move. You basically just proved my point as to what should be done. Thank you!

Try reading people responses before you open your mouth like a know it all.
brausso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:43   #82
David Armstrong
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 11,125
Quote:
...just can't stand the idea of others not being scared little sheep like they are in the face of danger.
Actually, it seems as if you are the one that is scared, not the others. Most folks say they aren't too scared, and don't see any need to go all Rambo. You, on the other hand, seem to be so afraid of the BG that you will just blindly panic and start shooting, even if there is no need.

Quote:
Isn't it a surprise that the person who keeps demanding that others post names, dates, places, etc., refuses to post them too!
That's not true. I've certainly posted my name and plenty of other stuff. Why won't you??

Last edited by David Armstrong; 04-12-2010 at 12:45..
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 13:41   #83
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
I give up!
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 20:58..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 13:45   #84
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 20:59..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 13:47   #85
Cody Jarrett
Senior Member
 
Cody Jarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,613
This is sound advice. It can also be found in the instructor's manual for "NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home."
Cody Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 13:54   #86
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,071
MTPD, why not just answer the question?
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 13:57   #87
brausso
Senior Member
 
brausso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Well, here is your entire post that I replied to. Nothing in it but what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brausso View Post
I don't get this. If someone is pointing a gun your head and they tell you to lie face down, why the F would you not do it? Why wouldn't they shoot you dead right there for not complying. To me, if you do what they tell you, you are more likely to be out of sight, out of mind because they know you followed their demands. You pull out the tough guy stuff, they're going to keep an eye on you or just shoot you to eliminate the threat. Lie down and as the BG attends to others or doing the actual robbery, then maybe pull your gun and shoot the bastard. I don't think I could look down a barrel and say no.

I am not LE or claim to know a lot about these situations, but to me, the number one thing is to blend in and adapt, then if possible, make a move.

Just my .02
Really? Do you see this ^^^^^^^^ You must have had a
brausso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 14:27   #88
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 21:05..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 14:33   #89
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
David, I think the difference between us is that I have survived multiple near-death experiences involving armed felons, while I doubt you have. The only reason I survived several of these is because I either shot first, or got the drop on the BG's before they could draw. A few others dealing with some of these exact same felons (before and after me) were more like you, and ended up murdered due to their lack of caution.
No, the difference between you and everyone else on this thread is that you base everything you say on your undocumented "experiences," aka fantasies.

Why should anyone believe anything you say? Ultimately it all rests on your unproven claims, which have zero validity.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 14:34   #90
PlayboyPenguin
Senior Member
 
PlayboyPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
David, I think the difference between us is that I have survived multiple near-death experiences involving armed felons, while I doubt you have. The only reason I survived several of these is because I either shot first, or got the drop on the BG's before they could draw. A few others dealing with some of these exact same felons (before and after me) were more like you, and ended up murdered due to their lack of caution.

There were many other situations involving felons that didn't require shooting, however, they all required (in my opinion, and in fact) that the BG's to be taken down at gunpoint. Hundreds of them. Both to protect myself, other officers, and even the felons themselves.

Like I say, I worked with a lot of less aggressive cops like you. 4 of them were murdered on the job, and several others were seriously wounded, which proved to me that some felons are ready, willing and able to murder cops as well as civilians.......given the opportunity and submissive/passive/unready victims.

David, do whatever you want for yourself when confronted by armed felons, but please reconsider giving advice to others, since I consider your advice to be dangerous to the point of being suicidal. Why? Because if I had followed it in several real-life situations I would have been murdered decades ago.
OMG! I have tried to remain fairly neutral and humorous in my criticism up until this point...but that is the biggest pile of internet ninja BS I have ever read. That is top notch Rambo stuff right there.

I am now 100% convinced this is all a scam being pulled by some 15 year old. At the very best it is some fat forty year old washout that spent 8 months as a glorified crossing guard on some Montana hick town police force (along with one other officer and a chicken) trying to feel important in-between working his night security job and playing Grand Theft Auto in his mom's basement all day.
__________________
"Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come we both know whose house you will be running to for protection."
- My response to friends that laugh at me for collecting firearms

Last edited by PlayboyPenguin; 04-12-2010 at 14:38..
PlayboyPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 14:35   #91
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
do whatever you want for yourself when confronted by armed felons, but please reconsider giving advice to others, since I consider your advice to be dangerous to the point of being suicidal.
The irony meter just exploded.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 15:46   #92
degoodman
Out of Columbus
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Marysville, OH
Posts: 3,953
Send a message via AIM to degoodman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Like I say, I worked with a lot of less aggressive cops like you. 4 of them were murdered on the job, and others were seriously wounded, which proved to me that some felons are ready, willing and able to murder cops as well as civilians.......given the opportunity and submissive/passive/unready victims. On the other hand, not a single aggressive cop like me was killed or even wounded, because they were "ready" and totally dominated every dangerous situation they found themselves in.
Link me even one of their names please. They're dead, so there is no fear of retribution. ODMP would lend a shred of credibility to your statements.

I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by degoodman; 04-12-2010 at 15:46..
degoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 16:12   #93
David Armstrong
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 11,125
Quote:
David, I think the difference between us is that I have survived multiple near-death experiences involving armed felons, while I doubt you have. The only reason I survived several of these is because I either shot first, or got the drop on the BG's before they could draw.
Could be you are right, except for the fantasyland stuff. You see, in spite of a few gunfights in my time I never felt I was in a near-death experience with armed felons. I was trained and experienced enough that I was able to control the situations so that I was never near death, just the BGs. Perhaps that is why a simple robbery scares you so much, your history of incompetence leading to near-death experiences with common criminals? That would explain some of your hysteria.
Quote:
Like I say, I worked with a lot of less aggressive cops like you.
If you know what you are doing, you don't have to be real aggressive.
Quote:
4 of them were murdered on the job, and several others were seriously wounded, which proved to me that some felons are ready, willing and able to murder cops as well as civilians.......given the opportunity and submissive/passive/unready victims.
Once again we see your penchant for insulting officers. Very sad. Many officers are injured or even killed on the job and it has nothing to do with being submissive, passive, or unready.
Quote:
David, do whatever you want for yourself when confronted by armed felons, but please reconsider giving advice to others, since I consider your advice to be dangerous to the point of being suicidal. Why? Because if I had followed it in several real-life situations I would have been murdered decades ago.
Please do not project your incompetence and inability to handle a situation without panic and deadly force onto others who are more skilled. As for my advice, strange how it agrees with the advice given by most LE, security specialists, researchers, etc. while the only one who agrees with you is..., well, you.
Quote:
And let me clarify one other thing. I never even came close to panic in any armed confrontation,
Sure doesn't sound like it from all these stories you keep telling.
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 16:15   #94
David Armstrong
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Lake Charles, LA
Posts: 11,125
Quote:
some Montana hick town police force (along with one other officer and a chicken)
Darn, Penguin, you just described my dream job!
David Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 16:22   #95
PlayboyPenguin
Senior Member
 
PlayboyPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
Darn, Penguin, you just described my dream job!
Did I mention that the chicken was the superior officer?

Side note: When I decided I did not wish to remain with the state police I almost took a job with a very small police force in rural WV. One of the job requirements, and I kid you not, was that you provided your own car and gun.
__________________
"Laugh all you want, but when the zombies come we both know whose house you will be running to for protection."
- My response to friends that laugh at me for collecting firearms

Last edited by PlayboyPenguin; 04-12-2010 at 16:24..
PlayboyPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 19:21   #96
beatcop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 1,893
This will be wearing a lock veeeery sooon!

I will just assume the guy is a yahoo, JV, or sackless and let it go.

Any real cop worth their salt could pony up some shred...any shred of evidence to corroburate their rep under the "grueling" examination he's undergone... ie academy class number, pic, proprietary knowledge...what's a knox box? scale house key? a bus? etoh? skid? intox 5000...did it use the fluid or the gas cylinder in your day? years per stripe? lti 20/20? What's your ORI?....anything...

When a crook continues to ignore, divert, & pretend they haven't heard something, there's usually more to the story.....so why should things be different here?
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 21:48   #97
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist
 
Dragoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,415
Quote:
Like I say, I worked with a lot of less aggressive cops like you. 4 of them were murdered on the job, and others were seriously wounded, which proved to me that some felons are ready, willing and able to murder cops as well as civilians.......given the opportunity and submissive/passive/unready victims.
So after 4 cops were murdered on the job you came to the conclusion that some felons were prepared to kill cops or civilians huh?

Well that settles it, you must be a MENSA candidate.

__________________
“Right is still right, even if nobody is doing it. And wrong is still wrong, even if everybody is doing it.”—Texas Ranger saying.
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 23:05   #98
btmj
Member
 
btmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 22
ever wonder about the trolls?

Do you ever wonder about the discussion forum trolls... I mean, after awhile, they all start to sound alike. Wouldn't it be funny if it was all the same manchild screwing around on all the various sites?

I once had a run-in with an A-hole on a big-block chevy site... then later on a water skiing site. Another time on a wood-working site. Recently I came across an irritating piss-ant on a sport-fishing forum. And now glock talk. The little bastards are like ticks... I just can't get away from them.

There just can't be that many dip-wits who sound this much alike? can there? Or is it something in the make-up of internet trolls that causes them all to be so much alike.???

I dunno... It just doesn't seem possible for there to be so many infantile jackasses on the planet. I bet it is all the same guy.

Last edited by btmj; 04-12-2010 at 23:06.. Reason: oops
btmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:51   #99
MTPD
Senior Member
 
MTPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post

Once again we see your penchant for insulting officers. Very sad. Many officers are injured or even killed on the job and it has nothing to do with being submissive, passive, or unready.

.
You are correct about "many" officers not being at fault. However, "many others" died because of making mistakes or being "unready".

What I write about has never been intended as "insults" to dead officers, like you are wont to BS about. The truth is that what I write is intended to prevent similar deaths by explaing real-world reality with regard to self-defense against armed felons.
__________________
My advice isn't for everyone. It's primarily for legally armed citizens who refuse to be victims.

Last edited by MTPD; 04-15-2010 at 21:07..
MTPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:55   #100
dgg9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Bucks County, PA, USA
Posts: 18,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPD View Post
Yes, you are correct about "many" officers not being at fault. However, "many others" died because of being "unready". Of the 4 I knew that were murdered on the job, 2 were killed with their own guns, 1 with a gun taken from another officer, and the 4h was murdered while sitting in his patrol car writing a report and not paying sufficient attention to an approaching felon.

....

For example, what the 4 dead officers all had in common was that, for whatever reason, they allowed the felons to get the first shots. After being hit, none of them were able to fight back in any way. That's reality. If you allow an armed felon to shoot first, you are probably going to die.
Again, why should anyone believe these stories?

You don't seem to be completely dense, so by now you must realize that absolutely nobody here believes a single word you say. These anecdotes you have ready at hand are suspiciously ..."convenient."

Show some evidence that these anecdotes actually happened, or go away.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 999
286 Members
713 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42