Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-10-2010, 19:02   #1
rsm688

Glock 22 to 9mm conversion- problems

Okay well my buddy just called me and is having some problems with his Glock 22 conversion and was looking for help and I can't come up with any good idea for it. He has a G22 with the Lone wolf stainless slide and conversion barrel, G18 33 round magazines, LWD 9mm ejector with trigger overtravel adjustment screw, 9mm extractor. Anyways, he is getting FTE's every single shot and lots of stovepipes. He said it wont cycle at all, he can shoot shots individually dropped in all day fine and it does not jam (brass drops out the magwell), but with a magazine in it jams every single short. Any ideas? I was thinking possibly changing the weight of the recoil spring and swapping the spring loaded bearing. He also said it has problems cycling by hand too and he has to rack the slide pretty hard back to eject the shells properly.

He also just swapped in T.R. Grahams MGSL and a LWD 3.5lb connecter. but that should have no effect on it to my knowledge.

I have an identical setup but with a very custom slide and holo sight mounted on the slide and it shoots 100% pefect.

Thanks,
Spencer
rsm688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 23:37   #2
zeme05

How abuot trying a G17 mag? Also putting the ,40 extractor back in. I have a G23 with a 9mm storm lake bbl and G19mags it works 100% didn't change extractor. Is it possible something isn't back together quite right?

Last edited by zeme05; 04-13-2010 at 23:38..
zeme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 14:03   #3
staarma

Can he just take the converion barrel and put it into his 22 slide and try it that way? I guess that would eliminate the mag, etc. I just have a converion barrel in my 22 leaving everything else stock and it has over 2k rounds with no issues. Sorry I'm not much help.
staarma is offline   Reply With Quote