SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45   #1
gunslinger3
Μολὼν λαβέ

PM45 or PM9

Have a glock 19. Was thinking of adding a 45 for summer carry. G36 and G30 seem too big. Would like to get a PM45 to wear IWB (Supertuck?) But have read troubling remarks about feeding problems with the PM45. Not so much about the PM9. Would love a 45 but want it to go bang if God forbid I ever have to shoot it. Anyone with PM45 experience, please help.

Last edited by gunslinger3; 04-13-2010 at 08:55..
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11   #2
coq
Raging Member

From my experience (G19, G36 and PM9), the 19 and 36 are nearly the same dimensions and can share most holsters...the 36 however goes IWB more comfortably. The PM9 is in a different league in the size dept. This is the perfect gun for comfort, summer clothing or deep concealment...it fits in your pocket and it's almost unnoticeable IWB, it's the size of many .380s, yet it is still accurate and has good full-sized sights. I don't have experience with the PM45, but the PM9 is quite a bit smaller...if you're going for a smaller gun, why go to a larger caliber? My take on it: The PM9 for summer carry is a good call.
coq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:03   #3
gunslinger3
Μολὼν λαβέ

Maybe I am just bored with 9mm and want to own something different, don't know. I know it's hard but can you compare the triggers on your Glock and Kahr? Size wise the PM45 is about a 1/4" longer and a 1/2" taller then the PM9. Still much smaller then the G19
gunslinger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:10   #4
coq
Raging Member

Kahr triggers are smoother than stock Glock triggers...but they are a longer pull that may take some getting used to. Also, they are heavier pull (7lb vs Glock's 5.5 I believe), but it doesn't really feel like it. It has a nice distinct reset. All in all a good trigger. The PM9 will be snappier in your hand than your G19, for something a little different. If you got a PM9, then for something new next get a .45 for the winter and pack a Glock 36 or 30. While I'm sure the PM45 is a good gun, it would not pocket nearly as easily as PM9 which seems to be top in its class. Whatever you do here, you're going to end up with some very nice guns!

Last edited by coq; 04-13-2010 at 11:12..
coq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 20:12   #5
Linux3

PM9 is my EDC! Period, full stop.
I think the .45 ACP is a little too much for the PM size frame.

Look, the USMC carries 9MM because they are trained to shoot. I truly hope to never have my PM9 see the light of day anywhere but at home but I practice, practice, practice and can shoot it.

The point of a EDC is Every Day Carry. Lighter is better and more likely that you will have it should you ever need it.
A head shot with a 9MM is just as effective as a .45 and more effective if the .45 is too much to handle and practice with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 20:49   #6
Glock3540

Hello Everyone,
I just picked up my new PM9 today with the C/T laser. I'm sending it off to
get XS Big Dot's installed (like on almost all of my pistols).
Ken Null is going to make me one of his excellent "ANK" holsters for it.
He told me he has a PM9 but not the laser. I'm sending him my laser so he can
use it as a mold to make the holster.

Initial impressions of the little guy are impressive. Light weight, smooth (but long) trigger pull. Definitely will have to get used to the pull... Very well finished and quality built. This is what I think Glock and Sig would make if they got together to make
a small 9 mm.

I've carried a G27 daily for well over 10 years now. The PM9 is a much "thinner"
pistol. That is the main reason I chose it over other options (I spent many weeks researching what would the be the best compromise for ankle carry and this gun is just about the largest size I feel comfortable with on my ankle).
I chose the 9mm over the .40 due to the .40's increased recoil and I believe the 9mm
will stress this frame size less and thereby last longer as well.

I currently own .25,.32,.38,.380,.357,.40,.45,.454 and several guns in some of these calibers. I got caught up in the "Wondernines" are the best, back in the 80's, and like many others sold them not long after the infamous Miami Shootout.
I thought of them as pea shooters for many years. Only recently have I revisited the 9 due to much improved bullet technology. I first bought a G19 and now this PM9.

As I have aged I believe more and more it is less about caliber and more about
bullet placement. I think the 9 is more than adequate, with the right ammo, if you hit your target.

I also looked at .45's, but with shorter barrels, I prefer the 9 or even the .40.
I love my full size .45 but with the slower moving bullet, I personally believe it
is a caliber better suited to longer barrels. Not meaning to offend anyone, just
my personal opinion.

Looking foward to going to the range with this little guy.

Blessings,
Brian
Old 04-15-2010, 12:45   #7
8th SPS USAF

Pm 45/pm 9

Gunslinger3,

As a shooter who has the PM9 and P 45 and PM 45 , I love the PM45
most. Recoil is fair-less than PM40 IMO. Shoots great if you use good ammo.
Good luck,
8th
8th SPS USAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 19:08   #8
swannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger3 View Post
Have a glock 19. Was thinking of adding a 45 for summer carry. G36 and G30 seem too big. Would like to get a PM45 to wear IWB (Supertuck?) But have read troubling remarks about feeding problems with the PM45. Not so much about the PM9. Would love a 45 but want it to go bang if God forbid I ever have to shoot it. Anyone with PM45 experience, please help.
I love my PM45. Very small and light and accurate. One caution, it goes BOOM not bang. I have over 200 rounds through it and all flawless. It's barely larger than my PM9. Recoil is larger than the PM9 but very manageable. I'm experimenting with pocket carrying it. I like this gun so much I may sell my G36.
Kahr PM9
Kahr PM45
swannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 19:34   #9
swannick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux3 View Post
PM9 is my EDC! Period, full stop.
I think the .45 ACP is a little too much for the PM size frame.

Look, the USMC carries 9MM because they are trained to shoot. I truly hope to never have my PM9 see the light of day anywhere but at home but I practice, practice, practice and can shoot it.

The point of a EDC is Every Day Carry. Lighter is better and more likely that you will have it should you ever need it.
A head shot with a 9MM is just as effective as a .45 and more effective if the .45 is too much to handle and practice with.
The PM45 is very manageable. The following targets were shot with my PM45 at 7 yards away. This was the first time I've shot my PM45. I'm very happy with the results and no the .45 is not too much for the PM frame. I think I'll get even better with practice.
Attached Thumbnails
Kahr Club - Click for larger version  
Kahr PM9
Kahr PM45
swannick is offline   Reply With Quote