Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-13-2010, 16:18   #1
Hurricanes

Glock 36 Rental

I have been looking at the Glock 36 for a while. Have held a few of them, but never shot one. After getting out of work this morning I decided I would go rent one at a local range. For ammo I decided 100 rounds would be a nice time out, so I was given PMC Bronze 230 grain FMJ. This wasn't my first time out shooting a large round, I had rented a Sig Sauer GSR 1911, and shot my friends G39. Out the door I had 2 FTF in the first 12 rounds, and had one FTE in one of the final 50 rounds. I believe one of the FTF were my fault as I cycled the slide to feed a round. Even with those small issues I still liked what the G36 had to offer. In the beginning my accuracy wasn't were I wanted it to be. But eventually I fixed my hand placement, and a change in accuracy was very noticeable. At 7 yards my target was swaying back in forth because of the lane I was in (indoor range A/C causing it to move a bit). At around 6 yards it was still, and saw with my comfortable grip on the gun I was able to put some rounds on top of each other. Even trying a few double taps I was able to get them pretty nicely grouped.

At one point I disassembled the 36, and noticed it was almost completely dry. The rails had what to me looked like no lube, and the inside was a bit dirty. Then again this was after firing atleast 50 rounds, so maybe it was clean prior to firing. I did at one point get the dreaded pinky pinch between the mag and grip. It shocked me at first, but realized it was because of my pinky placement. My hands aren't large enough to tuck it under the magazine, but sticking it out I was able to fire accurately and comfortably.

At the end of the trip I can say I was impressed, and pretty much sold on what the G36 has to offer. I hope to pick one up soon, and have much more fun at the range.
-Joel
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:34   #2
jdodd

Glad you had fun and didn’t let the rental gun get you discouraged. You have no idea of the general condition, round count and / or abuse that gun has seen. I just bought my 36 (late 09 test fire) and its easily been bumped up to my favorite EDC gun. I shoot it better then my glock 19 (previous EDC) which surprised the heck out of me!

Hoping to get back to the range soon to dump some more rounds! Just need the wife to come home late again!

I also have 200 rounds of RA45T, 2 more mags + some more goodies on the way!

-J

Last edited by jdodd; 04-14-2010 at 08:37..
jdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:01   #3
tuica

My G36 has become my primary CCW. Thin, light, Glock - and 45 ACP.
Old 04-15-2010, 13:29   #4
Hurricanes

I can see why alot of people would make this their EDC. Its a great gun, and I'm sure if it was taken care of it would have been flawless.
-Joel
Hurricanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 15:16   #5
JCROWNII

Most people who have recently bought G36's have had nothing but good to say about them. There was a string of bad G36's that were produced by Glock but it seems they have fixed the problem.

Its either they love it or hate it. But there is a loyal following for the G36. Even though I would opt for a G26 or G19 if I were you.
Glock 22 .40 S&W, Glock 27 .40 S&W, BCM 14.5" Mid-Length AR15, Nighthawk Custom Remington 870
JCROWNII is offline   Reply With Quote