Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:29   #1
bigleaf

Interchangeable trigger assemblies?

Before I try this and maybe mess something up, I thought I'd go to folks who know.

I have a 19 and a 26 whose triggers feel very different from each other. The 19 is very soft and the 26 is very crisp. I've used 5, 3.5, and Ghost Rocket connectors in each and, while those all have their own effects, the trigger in the 19 stays soft, and the 26 stays crisp. I'll be shooting my first IDPA match in a couple of days and would really like to swap the whole trigger assemblies between the guns. I want the crisper setup in the 19. They look the same as each other. Some subtle thing in the cruciform, perhaps. Is there really any difference between the trigger assemblies in the 19 & the 26? Can I safely swap them?
bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:35   #2
mteagle1

The 19 should have a smooth trigger face and the 26 a ribbed one known as a target trigger. The 26 trigger change was to get enough points so BATFE would allow the guns to be imported. To retain the feel, swap the entire trigger bar/trigger housing assembly together. View the DVD "Making Glock Rock" or read the .25 cent trigger job for disassembly/assembly instructions. Pins go left to right for removal and right to left for installation. The top locking block pin comes out first and goes back in first.

The trigger in the 19 may feel soft because the trigger spring is getting weak. To improve reset try an extra power trigger spring.
101st Airborne 1957-60
USAF 1961-80 Retired

Last edited by mteagle1; 04-15-2010 at 09:44..
mteagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:25   #3
bigleaf

Thanks, mteagle1. My 19 actually has the serrated trigger, too. Came that way. Not sure why.

I did swap out the whole assemblies, and it made the 19 better. Mostly, I think, because the Ghost Rocket in that setup was fitted to that trigger bar. But the 19, while now much nicer, in that there's no over-travel (doesn't jump in dry fire when the trigger's pulled - it just stays on target), it's still softer than the 26. It must be differences in the striker/spring setups. It's not the trigger spring... they both have the same 6# springs there.

All that said, I think the change improved the 19 and the 26 feels the same. So, I'm happy. Thanks for your help. Wish me luck on Saturday. My first competitive shoot... that'll take me down a peg or two!
bigleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:34   #4
Palmguy
Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mteagle1 View Post
The 19 should have a smooth trigger face and the 26 a ribbed one known as a target trigger. The 26 trigger change was to get enough points so BATFE would allow the guns to be imported. To retain the feel, swap the entire trigger bar/trigger housing assembly together. View the DVD "Making Glock Rock" or read the .25 cent trigger job for disassembly/assembly instructions. Pins go left to right for removal and right to left for installation. The top locking block pin comes out first and goes back in first.

The trigger in the 19 may feel soft because the trigger spring is getting weak. To improve reset try an extra power trigger spring.
19s come with the serrated trigger just like the 26 does (and for the same reason).
Palmguy is offline   Reply With Quote