Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:07   #1
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

Reply to Captain XL re Laserlyte

Yesterday on the GATE Forum you asked the question:
"I am considering getting a LaserLyte rear sight for my 27. Has anyone used LaserLyte sights or does anyone have any comments about LaserLyte lasers?

I also have a G36 and A Ruger LCP which both have Crimson Trace LaserGaurd lasers. I really like the CT Laser Gaurd models with the exception of the fact that holsters are somewhat difficult to find.

I'm considering a LaserLyte for the 27 to solve the holster issue.

Again, any comments about LaserLyte lasers?"

I have one fitted on my G27 for about a year now. It is an excellent sight except that of late it has had the tendency to switch itself on when firing.
I have not bothered to contact Laserlyte about it as it is no big deal although I did find it annoying at first.
It is well made, easy to adjust for windage and elevation, plenty bright enough in room light situations and at night. In broad daylight pretty pathetic as are all red lasers. The on/off switch is not as intuitive as Crimson Trace. Does not interfere with any holster I have tried.
ChrisJn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 17:32   #2
mikegun

re laserlyte prob,

I had a similar problem with my sight going from blinking more to straight beam mode after a few shots, i called them and they sent a slightly different batery cap which is a fix for this problem..i like the sight very much and have used several brands in the past, the fact that it does not interfere with drawing the gun makes it nice

my opinion good company good service, but so is lasermax and crimson trace, The CT dot is larger and slightly brighter then the others which allows faster on target and re ontarget sighting