SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:48   #1
davewms

Send a message via Yahoo to davewms
Bexar County Texas G22...

I have a Gen 2 Bexar County Texas G22 which has a different serial # format (doesn't start with alpha characters); It has five numbers followed by the suffix BCT.

Does anyone know what year/how old it would be?

(I know there's an error with the title, but when I corrected it, it didn't change!)

Last edited by davewms; 03-07-2010 at 17:30.. Reason: punctuation
davewms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 17:13   #2
castroj

Got an answer for you

I have a Glock Model 27 which is also marked, "Property of Bexar County Texas", which I purchased at a local gun store here in San Antonio, Texas. In "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" in the serial number section I found that BCT serial number guns were made in April of 1996. They were second issue guns as the grip has the finger grooves but no checkering in them. I assume that these guns were issued to plain clothed officers. I also found that your gun was a run from May of 1995. And these because of the size would have been issued to uniformed officers to be used on their duty belts. I did call Glock in Smyrna, GA. and asked them if I could change out the top end for a 10mm. They advised me not to because the frame would not be able to handle it. To do it to only newer frames. Hope this helps.

Last edited by castroj; 04-02-2010 at 17:19..
castroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 17:52   #3
davewms

Here's my Bexar County G22:
Glock Collector's Club
Old 04-02-2010, 19:21   #4
ssgrock3

Quote:
Originally Posted by castroj View Post
I have a Glock Model 27 which is also marked, "Property of Bexar County Texas", which I purchased at a local gun store here in San Antonio, Texas. In "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" in the serial number section I found that BCT serial number guns were made in April of 1996. They were second issue guns as the grip has the finger grooves but no checkering in them. I assume that these guns were issued to plain clothed officers. I also found that your gun was a run from May of 1995. And these because of the size would have been issued to uniformed officers to be used on their duty belts. I did call Glock in Smyrna, GA. and asked them if I could change out the top end for a 10mm. They advised me not to because the frame would not be able to handle it. To do it to only newer frames. Hope this helps.
will a 10mm mag fit in a model 22 anyway?
ssgrock3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 22:12   #5
castroj

Correction

I am sorry I meant .357 Sig not 10mm as I stated on my previous post. I am over 60 and I guess it is getting the best of me. No, a 10mm mag would not fit a 22 or for that matter a 27.
castroj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:23   #6
rushur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewms View Post
I have a Gen 2 Bexar County Texas G22 which has a different serial # format (doesn't start with alpha characters); It has five numbers followed by the suffix BCT.

Does anyone know what year/how old it would be?

(I know there's an error with the title, but when I corrected it, it didn't change!)
When Glock makes a special order for a police dept. they don't use the normal Glock SN# format. It's a 5 digit number followed by the initials of the LE agency. Hence XXXXXBCT is XXXXX Bexar County Texas. My Detroit PD Glock is XXXXXDPD. I've not seen a born date list for these type serial numbers.
rushur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 16:14   #7
MorpheusGPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushur View Post
When Glock makes a special order for a police dept. they don't use the normal Glock SN# format. It's a 5 digit number followed by the initials of the LE agency. Hence XXXXXBCT is XXXXX Bexar County Texas. My Detroit PD Glock is XXXXXDPD. I've not seen a born date list for these type serial numbers.

You may also see numbers such as

IMxxxxPD
MorpheusGPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:11   #8
davewms

I was talking to my FFL Wednesday when he showed me a G19 he was transferring for someone.

The s# ended in US; Something like xxxxxxUS. I assume it must be ex-military or government.

Does anyone know where it would be from? I'd like to have one to go with my Detroit, Flagstaff, and Bexar Co. guns.
Old 06-06-2010, 14:30   #9
MorpheusGPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewms View Post
I was talking to my FFL Wednesday when he showed me a G19 he was transferring for someone.

The s# ended in US; Something like xxxxxxUS. I assume it must be ex-military or government.

Does anyone know where it would be from? I'd like to have one to go with my Detroit, Flagstaff, and Bexar Co. guns.

I think many had the ending US?

If not let me know, I have a couple...one I know is retired law enforcment.
MorpheusGPR is offline   Reply With Quote