Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-20-2010, 00:40   #1
dereklord

No writers?

I got excited when I saw that there was a forum for this as I am trying to write a few, well really about six, novels. Hopefully this thread can get a bit more active so I can get some inspiration / information from you fine folks. Hope to see some replies.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:10   #2
Danny Reid

Derek, I often think about writing...but I always get bogged down in the minutia of life.

The trick to writing, I think, is to just have the discipline to sit your ass down and do it.

Plus, I always end up thinking ' why would anyone want to read my garbage anyway? '
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54   #3
CitizenOfDreams

A young aspiring writer brought his new book to a publisher...
The publisher finds the book extremely weak and politely asks:
- Have you read any books by Hemingway?
- No, I haven't.
- Steinbeck?
- No.
- Mark Twain?
- Listen, I'm a writer, not a reader!
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:27   #4
rjrivero

Well,

I don't write books, or novels, or short stories. I do write articles for American Iron Magazine. Does that count or am I going to get kicked out of the "writers workshop?" Just be gentle with me.
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:29   #5
dereklord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrivero View Post
Well,

I don't write books, or novels, or short stories. I do write articles for American Iron Magazine. Does that count or am I going to get kicked out of the "writers workshop?" Just be gentle with me.
Well, as I am not a moderator, my power to kick you out of this thread is akin to my power to cure cancer . But, I would say that it still takes creativity and knowledge to write articles for any magazine so I think you are good. I have finished three short stories and about to really start working on a very long novel. It could probably be considered fantasy, but it is all from me. I will try to keep everyone posted as much as I can as to the progress of said novel. Thanks for all the inputs.
Old 05-20-2010, 22:55   #6
OldScribe2009

Writing

If you have any questions, you can contact me.

I don't visit here often, but writing--especially fiction--is right up my alley (pardon the cliche).
OldScribe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:21   #7
TreverSlyFox

Looks like 2008 was a very good year, 2009 one mediocre month and this year looks like it will go the same as 2009. Figure the people from 2008 found better and more active forums to frequent. It really doesn't help with the writers and story sections stuck back here in a corner.

Reading the information blurb under The Book Rack would lead you to believe it's ONLY a discussion of books you've read. NOT a hint of a Writers Workshop or an area where GT'ers could post their own writing. Not exactly the way to encourage members to participate, heck it was MONTHS before I found this subsection section even existed. I didn't bother looking in here until I saw a lead in post about a book I was interested in.