Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:22   #1
mikecurnow

Good manual for reloading data?

I have hornady's 7th edition handbook, and it has some reloading data, and includes different powder types, but is specific to one gun/bullet/case so on.

looking for something with a broader range of data, that would hopefully also include factory loads, and accuracy loads.

thanks.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
mikecurnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:28   #2
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Lyman manual... I believe the 49th is the latest edition.

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:44   #3
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecurnow View Post
I have hornady's 7th edition handbook, and it has some reloading data, and includes different powder types, but is specific to one gun/bullet/case so on.

looking for something with a broader range of data, that would hopefully also include factory loads, and accuracy loads.

thanks.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
What you want doesn't realy exist. Closest thing would be LoadBooks for specific calibers. It's a compilation of diff data sources, but one caliber only. Most of us have 3-4 current manuals on hand. It allows cross ref of data & gives a broader range of bullet/powder choices. I like the Speer #14, Lyman & Hornady in that order for handgun. For rifle; Nosler, Speer, Sierra or Horandy. yes, you notice I don't list the Lee. It's just far to vague to be truely helpful.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-20-2010 at 13:08..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:52   #4
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

I like using powder company data sites. You will very seldom find info for all your components so go middle of the load and work up.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59   #5
fgutie35

The manual depends on the bullet brand you are going to use. I use the Sierra Manual because it specifically gives me the data for the bullet I use, Plus all of their data of the caliber I use, was tested on a 26" Stainless Steel barrel from a Savage rifle which is what I own, so I'm very confident the numbers are going to be very identical.
Old 04-20-2010, 13:06   #6
mikecurnow

Thanks for the help.
mikecurnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 13:08   #7
ssgrock3

speer #13, I think #14 is the newest. If on a budget, ebay will have older versions cheaper. Money well spent, the free ones from the powder mfg's are good ones to have and have to give away to new loaders. And for the cost, get more than one set.
ssgrock3 is offline   Reply With Quote