GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:20   #1
dosei

...another gear question for the guru...

Mas,
I can't for the life of me remember (or find on the web) who it is that makes a leather flashlight holder that holds the flashlight with a loop of leather that wraps around the body of the flashlight, secured with a snap. I have a Fenix flashlight that I like a lot, but it's bezel diameter is not the same as a Surefire so finding carriers for it is tough. But a carrier that holds the light with a strip of leather wrapped around the body of the light will work perfect, since the body diameter is something that is kept the same on almost all lights. IIRC, I've seen pictures of you with this type of flashlight carrier on your belt.

Thanks,
Dosei
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 22:51   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Dosei, I ain't no guru, but in the absence of one I'll do my feeble best to answer your question.

I'm not recalling the same photo or flashlight carrier you are, but that could just be 'cause I'm old and my brain cells are probably dying right and left.

There are lots of good carriers out there, both vertical and horizontal; the ones I mostly use are made of Kydex or similar substances. They'll be friction tight and won't require a snap to be released to draw them. Google search will take you to links for the websites of Blade-Tech, Mach-2, and SureFire, three excellent sources for such products.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:10   #3
dosei

Thanks Mas,
I was hunting for it again last night and found it, Galco (could of swore I'd looked at all the major player's sites already). Dang memory of mine, it isn't what it use to be (and it's always had it's quirks).
GATE Self-Defense Forum
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote