GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 07:45   #1
jdodd
Senior Member
 
jdodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 394
36 Range Report

Well, took my 36 to the range again last night and another perfect performance. I bought the gun a few weeks ago after renting one, took it home and gave it a good cleaning. First trip to the range was 100 rounds of lawman 230gr. which was flawless. Gave it a good clean and then fast forward to last night. I put another 100 rounds of lawman 230gr. and then 50 Ranger T 230gr.s down the pipe.

I had a long day at work, and by the time I started putting rounds through my 36 I wasnt in perfect form. I was fine through the first 100 but when I got to the Ranger T's I figured I would have at least 1 or 2 FTE/FTF due to poor form / grip etc. To my joy...nothing. Gun fed everything I threw at it and asked for more.

The targets I used were the shoot n' see sticky kind so nothing to bring home. Im no sniper but I was very happy with my groupings.

Did I mention I love this gun?

2 cents,

-Justin

EDIT: For reference my 36 was test fired at glock on 11/09.

Last edited by jdodd; 04-23-2010 at 07:47..
jdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:06   #2
dreis454
Senior Member
 
dreis454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Enfield,CT
Posts: 1,744
I'm glad your trip went well. Where did you fire it?
Thanx for posting the test fire date.
Mine was fired on 10/09 and to date is still the ONLY time it has been fired.
__________________
Glock 21(w/trijicons & TLR2)nightstand
(Glock 36,trijicons & LWD SS barrel.)
carry
Colt stainless Commander XSE w/VZ grips
S&W M&P Shield 9mm carry
Lee Enfield mkIV no2 .303 British/Remy 870
dreis454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:08   #3
jdodd
Senior Member
 
jdodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreis454 View Post
I'm glad your trip went well. Where did you fire it?
Thanx for posting the test fire date.
Mine was fired on 10/09 and to date is still the ONLY time it has been fired.
Thanks, I went down to Hoffmans. I was hoping to fondle a springfield EMP 40 s&w but no luck.

My glock 19 has a date of 10/09, must have been a good year.

I waited a week+ before I got to fire my 36, I was going nuts. All I could think about was having problems and did I make the right choice? As soon as I finished the first range session I was hooked.

-J

Last edited by jdodd; 04-23-2010 at 10:09..
jdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:45   #4
dreis454
Senior Member
 
dreis454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Enfield,CT
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdodd View Post
Thanks, I went down to Hoffmans. I was hoping to fondle a springfield EMP 40 s&w but no luck.

My glock 19 has a date of 10/09, must have been a good year.

I waited a week+ before I got to fire my 36, I was going nuts. All I could think about was having problems and did I make the right choice? As soon as I finished the first range session I was hooked.

-J
You shot it at Hoffman's???
I thought you had to buy your ammo from THEM... With their range fees & buying their ammo ,it can get expensive.
Did they relax the ammo thing since .45 is hard to find?

I hope I have as good luck with my 36
__________________
Glock 21(w/trijicons & TLR2)nightstand
(Glock 36,trijicons & LWD SS barrel.)
carry
Colt stainless Commander XSE w/VZ grips
S&W M&P Shield 9mm carry
Lee Enfield mkIV no2 .303 British/Remy 870
dreis454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 13:52   #5
SagKC
Senior Member
 
SagKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 739
Congrats on the G36! Mine was very accurate out of the box, and she still makes me look good!

My other Glocks are just as reliable and very accurate, but without practice the G36 was more accurate out of the box than the others, and a joy to shoot. Love those Ranger Ts!!
__________________
G23,G27,G30,G36
Kimbers, S.A., RIA, Rugers
Big Dawg #1591
Snubbie Club #025
NRA

Last edited by SagKC; 04-23-2010 at 13:53..
SagKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 00:28   #6
jdodd
Senior Member
 
jdodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreis454 View Post
You shot it at Hoffman's???
I thought you had to buy your ammo from THEM... With their range fees & buying their ammo ,it can get expensive.
Did they relax the ammo thing since .45 is hard to find?

I hope I have as good luck with my 36
Yeah, I bought all the lawman from them when I purchased the pistol. They don't actually check your ammo though, just ask if you need any. They had the LE boxes of ranger T's in 9mm and .40 and even some HSTs but no luck in 45.

I like to support them and local stores as much as possible. Only time I don't is when I want something and they don't have it. They have always treated me right so a few extra bucks on ammo doesn't bother me.

Im sure your 36 will be just fine. I realy can't get over how much I love mine. I thought nothing could top my g19!

-J

Last edited by jdodd; 04-24-2010 at 00:29..
jdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 00:31   #7
jdodd
Senior Member
 
jdodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by SagKC View Post
Congrats on the G36! Mine was very accurate out of the box, and she still makes me look good!

My other Glocks are just as reliable and very accurate, but without practice the G36 was more accurate out of the box than the others, and a joy to shoot. Love those Ranger Ts!!
It freaked me out. I tried a 26 w/ pink extension...I sucked bad. Yet with a 19 im decent. I was worried the 36 would treat me the same...but go figure I shoot it the best.

All in my head?

-J
jdodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:43   #8
mplecha
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 65
mine has been perfect as well. I have close to 2k through it with 90% of those being reloads. If it was as comfortable as my 1911, I'd carry it all the time.
mplecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 22:00   #9
den888
Senior Member
 
den888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,062
Thanks for the report !
den888 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 20:50.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,115
319 Members
796 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31