Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2010, 15:53   #1
g34tackdriver

$1,050 2nd gen PSP! Too Much?

My local GS got a 2nd gen PSP in the other day. Has been HK refurbed and refinished. It is coming with one mag, and is two toned. Is it worth it? I am in CT. I thought it was a bit high, but it is in great shape. What do you guys think?
Old 05-02-2010, 16:29   #2
01deuce

Not sure what you mean by 2nd Gen. And if a authentic psp not a bad price at all, however most likely its a trade in p7 and the two tone is probably a refinished slide in somthing like nickle. If its a p7 trade in than that is way high in my opinion. Nice trade ins can be had around $600 and you can hard chrome the entire gun for under $300. A slide refinish most likely $150 or less.
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:04   #3
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

What shop in CT?

ETA- What you are looking at is most likely not an original PSP. True PSP's are pretty rare and marked PSP on the slide. What you are likely looking at is the P7 european model which is sometimes referred to as a PSP for no purpose other then to differentiate it between the M8. The gun is also most likely a european police trade in.

Furthermore, HK never refinished any of the police trade in's. Most only had very minimal work done to "refurbish" them, meaning that if the pistol checked out then nothing was replaced. For a while CDNN was selling two tone P7's that they had refinished (not by HK) so I highly suspect it is one of those.

In conclusion if the gun is what I think it is, the price is about $300 too high. Grade A P7 trade in's can fetch up to $900 with box/papers/tools etc., but anything more then that and you are basically in M8 price territory.

Last edited by H&K 4 LIFE; 05-03-2010 at 09:17..
H&K 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 18:20   #4
tx787

Tgs has grade a p7s for about 300 less. If you want it refinished that'll be extra but personally I think refinishing a classic pistol like the p7 devalues it.
tx787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 19:34   #5
majette

two toned cdnn pistols were around 750. buy one and have your dealer do the transfer!
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 20:09   #6
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

I just bought a new in box HK P7 PSP with hard chromed slide. I guess you could say it was two tone. My HK dealer says HK hard chromed very few. Mine was $950.00 NIB with three mags. Considering that mags are $70.00, that wasn't bad.

BTW, this is the second 4 digit HK P7 PSP I have bought in the last year. The first one was a Trade In. It was plumb colored on the slide. Used, but very little.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 21:48   #7
01deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
I just bought a new in box HK P7 PSP with hard chromed slide. I guess you could say it was two tone. My HK dealer says HK hard chromed very few. Mine was $950.00 NIB with three mags. Considering that mags are $70.00, that wasn't bad.

BTW, this is the second 4 digit HK P7 PSP I have bought in the last year. The first one was a Trade In. It was plumb colored on the slide. Used, but very little.
Is just your slide silver and frame black ? As already stated HK did not HC any trade-in P7's. CDNN did a batch of slides in a T25 (some type of nickle I believe)

HK had a total of around 15 p7's sent to be NP3'd some time back due to finish condition. But never HC or other finishes.

I have heard many stories of dealers trying to say all kind of things about the P7's that have had some type of refinish work done.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:55   #8
LSP972

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
HK had a total of around 15 p7's sent to be NP3'd some time back due to finish condition. But never HC or other finishes.
This was in the 80s. These pistols can be identified by a 15- prefix stamped in front of the serial number. They came with a certificate from RoBar.

I just sold one yesterday.

"The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else... isn't."
-pangris
LSP972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:08   #9
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
This was in the 80s. These pistols can be identified by a 15- prefix stamped in front of the serial number. They came with a certificate from RoBar.

I just sold one yesterday.

This HC P7 PSP has a 4 digit serial number. Same markings as my older P7 PSP that WAS a trade in. Both appear to be pre- 80's as there are no dates on the slides.

Any ideas???

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:53   #10
01deuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deployment Solu View Post
This HC P7 PSP has a 4 digit serial number. Same markings as my older P7 PSP that WAS a trade in. Both appear to be pre- 80's as there are no dates on the slides.

Any ideas???
Serial production began in 1979. Your 4 digit gun was most likely 79 or 80. Does it have an exposed magazine release or do the grips cover the Mag release ? Does it have a NDS or BMI marking on it ? Import mark (trussville or Columbus )?

Without seeing your P7 its hard to say, but it most likely was like new internaly and had finish wear and somebody had it hard chromed.

As far as haveing no date on it, most low serial number ones I have seen don't. Mine Is in the 36xxx range and doesn't have a date on it. When you get into the higher numbers it seems like most have a date.

Last edited by 01deuce; 05-09-2010 at 13:05..
Old 05-10-2010, 12:10   #11
LSP972

The one I just sold was in the 5xxxx range (plus the 15- prefix, of course), had a "HK Sterling VA" stamp, and a 1985 date stamp.

I have no idea of how many brothers it has. The guy I bought it from told me the story of how HK had a number of these done. He made sense, and knew a few names that I recognized from my limited dealings with HK hiearchy in the early 90s... so I have no reason to doubt the story.

"The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else... isn't."
-pangris
LSP972 is offline   Reply With Quote