SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-29-2010, 17:13   #1
Another Miller
prankster

10/22 compact problems

I bought a bunch of those butler creek hotlips 25 round mags. My rifle is having problems that I suspect are related to the mag catch or spring.Every 2 shots, failure to feed or eject.(stovepiping)

Its a newer model with the plastic mag release.had nothing but trouble.Does it with the standard 10 round mag too though not as much.Its been fired about 400 times though I only loaded 1 shot at a time in it for my son to learn.Now,When I load it up completely,thats all it will do without problems.

Tried the butler creek mags in my uncles older 10/22 and it fed every round fine and ejected fine.What gives?

Using hivelocity wildcats and cci.same results.
Another Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:45   #2
Glock2008
Gun User

If its a new gun I would get some CCI stingers or some aguila super maximum's, the aguilas are cheaper. When I first got my gun I had alot of trouble with any of the bulk box, and even alot of the ammo sold as hi-velocity. Keep shooting those for a several hundred rounds, plus clean it a few times and it should get better. You could try the steel lips magazines they are supposed to be better, however I've never had any kind of trouble with my hot lips mags.
Glock2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 17:23   #3
DJ Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Miller View Post
I bought a bunch of those butler creek hotlips 25 round mags. My rifle is having problems that I suspect are related to the mag catch or spring.Every 2 shots, failure to feed or eject.(stovepiping)

Its a newer model with the plastic mag release.had nothing but trouble.Does it with the standard 10 round mag too though not as much.Its been fired about 400 times though I only loaded 1 shot at a time in it for my son to learn.Now,When I load it up completely,thats all it will do without problems.

Tried the butler creek mags in my uncles older 10/22 and it fed every round fine and ejected fine.What gives?

Using hivelocity wildcats and cci.same results.
One thing I've found that can improve functional reliability with certain high-capacity magazines is to make sure the bolt is held open or locked to the rear before snapping the magazine into place. This keeps the bottom of the bolt from pressing down on the bullet of the topmost round in the magazine, which can change the feed angle of all the rounds below it in the mag stack.

It doesn't always work, but sometimes folks are surprised at the difference it can make. If you try it, let me know if it makes a difference with your gun/mag/ammo combo.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:12   #4
Another Miller
prankster

Thanks for the advise.

I called ruger, they sent me an email saying someone would contact me but thats been a week ago.

The only way to clear the malfunction so far is to cycle it and let the shell fall out or sometimes, A removal of the mag,cycle the action,replace and cycle works.

update; the barrel wasnt fully seated and the extractor not lined up, runs great now.

Last edited by Another Miller; 05-24-2010 at 20:58..
Another Miller is offline   Reply With Quote