Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2010, 14:43   #1
jimtl

Returning Glock 35 to stock

Last January, I installed a Glockworx fulcrum trigger. It has worked great except for a couple suspect mags (now retired). I have had 1500+ rounds w/o issue...until today. I tried some Winchester 180g JHP and had several FTE (eject). So I tried Winchester WB and Remington FMJ --the same ammo I always shoot ... same problem with every mag. My Sig 229 ate it all w/o issue.

I decided to put the stock parts back in I'll check it out next weekend. I'm sure I'll try out the Fulcrum trigger again ... but for now, it's back to stock!
jimtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 14:48   #2
jimtl

I also ordered a new extractor, recoil spring and few other parts ... at the very least I'll have a few spare parts
Old 05-02-2010, 18:44   #3
Singlestack Wonder

The original stock parts are the best to begin with. Why change them out for substandard parts like the fulcrum trigger??? Enjoy the stock 35 again!
Old 05-05-2010, 19:55   #4
jimtl

After giving it some thought, I'm going to try replacing one part at a time until it works starting with the recoil spring. I won't have the rest of the parts until the 11th (estimated delivery) so I'll try it out this weekend with a new recoil spring and with the other parts the following weekend. I'm looking at it as a learning experience.

Right now, I'm thinking the problem is probably the recoil spring or possibly the extractor.
Old 05-05-2010, 20:44   #5
Boxerglocker
Jacks #1 Fan

Failure to eject problems can be attributed to mainly one of the following three things:
Recoil spring, worn mag springs and/or bad followers, worn/chipped extractor claw. I would check these first.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BLUE Kool-aid drinking team member
Boxerglocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:31   #6
jimtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
Failure to eject problems can be attributed to mainly one of the following three things:
Recoil spring, worn mag springs and/or bad followers, worn/chipped extractor claw. I would check these first.

That's what I was thinking as well.

When the FTE's suddenly started, it happened in a big way -- every 3 to 4 rounds with all 4 mags. All the mags had functioned flawlessly before and since it's highly unlikely all 4 mags "went bad" simultaneously -- I'm leaning towards the recoil spring or extractor claw.

Thanks for your input.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:03   #7
jimtl

FWIW -- I tried a different recoil spring, but had th same problem. The extractor and other parts won't be here until next week.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:09   #8
jimtl

I installed a new extractor, plunger, plunger spring, and spring loaded bearing. The new extractor is much tighter fitting and the old plunger had some wear. The new spring loaded bearing is a smaller size and, according to the Glockmeister, the smaller bearing is required when using a LCI extractor. (The old extractor is also a LCI type, but w/o the smaller bearing ... hmmm).

I should also add that I bought this G35 second hand a few years ago. Anyway, I'm keeping the Fulcrum in place and will test it tommorrow. I'll report back. I'll install a replacement trigger bar if the problem hasn't been resolved, but I'm hopeful it will work as is.

Last edited by jimtl; 05-14-2010 at 15:19..
Old 05-15-2010, 16:46   #9
jimtl

Well ... tried my G35 with new extractor, recoil spring, plunger, etc. ... same problem. So I put everything back to stock and ... it worked great. 200+ rounds w/o issue (except I purposely super limp wristed for one mag just to see if I could make it fail and was able to make it fail one only once).

I plan to call glockworx on Monday and describe the problem ... but at least the gun works great now.

Last edited by jimtl; 05-15-2010 at 16:46..
Old 05-23-2010, 14:24   #10
jimtl

Update ... 600 rounds w/o problems ... I'm keeping it stock. FWIW, The replacement stock trigger bar functions much smoother than original stock trigger bar. Virtually no creep or overtravel. I put the original part in my Glock 26 because I like the smooth trigger better than the serrated one.
Old 05-23-2010, 14:30   #11
glockerbob

yeah i usually have better luck with the stock parts also
glockerbob is offline   Reply With Quote