Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2010, 17:38   #1
GreyEclipse
TheGreyEclipse

Ideal Human Environment? (Simple Question)

This is kind of a goofy made up SHTF situation but not as bad as the zombie ones, although those can be fun, lol. But here it is...
So let's say we had some kind of technological meltdown. All technology was rendered useless excluding some simple tools like guns, knives (obviously), ect. Put human adaptability aside, what would be the easiest place to survive in (I'm talking long term survival)? Basically the question in short is...

What is the ideal environment for humans?
All things included such as meals, temperature, sun exposure ect.
Kalashnikov Klub Member-761
RTN Club Member-171-Moonie
GreyEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 20:37   #2
JC Refuge
GT Sponsor

You know, GE, that's a fair question (but I would definitely not call it a simple question).

Trying to simplify, I frankly believe it's all relative.

That is, relative to what you know, what you are used to, how you are equipped, and especially who you know, etc.

My primary consideration for determining effective preparedness is the people themselves. In other words, are your strengths anchored in a family or community? Note that the family/community can be defined in a number of different ways.

Bottom line, lone wolves really don't last long in crisis (except in Hollywood blockbusters). Well-intentioned groups add up quickly well beyond the sum of their individual parts.

Environmentally--we have to presume most of us are best adapted and suited to survive in the region in which we live. I for one would do poorly in a jungle environment or other torrid zone. I would hate to also have to endure arctic conditions for long, but I would be better off there than on the equator because of what I know and what I have experienced.

If you press me, I am inclined to recommend the US Midwest. Certainly there are pluses and minuses for any locale if you are looking for reasons to move or to stay somewhere. But to look for greener pastures ... well, you know you can always spot seemingly higher ground than where you sit today.

Ideally--anyplace where there are reasonable growing seasons, natural wildlife habitats, traditional community lifestyles, and moderate climate would pretty much make it in my mind as a place to be satisfied and optimistic about chances for the future, whatever cards life deals.

Safecastle Royal Buyers Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Refuge blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Win a Case of MH Food - LIKE us on Facebook
JC Refuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 20:02   #3
GreyEclipse
TheGreyEclipse

Thank you. Your answer has given me some things to dwell upon.
Kalashnikov Klub Member-761
RTN Club Member-171-Moonie
GreyEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote