SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-04-2010, 14:36   #1
apxpred
can ewe resist

G21sf ambi safety sticking

All of a sudden the ambi mag release on my G21sf is sticking, and bad. Took it out, wiped it down & still the same issue. Cut the weak side protrusion off, lightly polished the the entire safety, same problem. I remember reading about the issue a while back can't find any remedy. I'm thinking poor design, any insight appreciated. Would glock issue me a different frame ? this is now a paperweight. Thanks

ETA : From what I read Glock will replace the frame w/ a std. mag. release version.
ETA#2 : Good catch Njanear got my head in the AR, can't edit the title soooooo I'm a dork LOL !

Last edited by apxpred; 05-04-2010 at 19:36.. Reason: kant git anything rite
apxpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 19:30   #2
Njanear
Nagant-ophile

Before you catch all sorts of grief:

Guys, he meant MAG RELEASE and not SAFETY!!
GlockTalk Clubs- #10 Georgia Glocker; #3745 Bull Dawgs; #600: 10 Ring, .40S&W, Sub Club, Long Slide, Niners, Wheelhouse, MilSurp, Rimfire, 1911, Black Rifle
Njanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 15:14   #3
21Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by apxpred View Post
All of a sudden the ambi mag release on my G21sf is sticking, and bad. Took it out, wiped it down & still the same issue. Cut the weak side protrusion off, lightly polished the the entire safety, same problem. I remember reading about the issue a while back can't find any remedy. I'm thinking poor design, any insight appreciated. Would glock issue me a different frame ? this is now a paperweight. Thanks

ETA : From what I read Glock will replace the frame w/ a std. mag. release version.
ETA#2 : Good catch Njanear got my head in the AR, can't edit the title soooooo I'm a dork LOL !
Mine was mag dumping about 2 months ago. Fire a shot dump a mag. Not good.
I heard here on GT that Glock will exchange the ambi-mag release frame for a standard release frame. Which is what they did for me. That's one of the advantages of living here in the Atlanta area. Glock's HQ in Smyrna is about 30 miles from my front door. I went over there back in the March. Gave them my ambi-mag release frame. 45 minutes later, tech guy comes out with a new standard mag release frame 21SF. No charge. Problem solved. They know of the problem with the ambi-mag releases. Call them up. They will probably do the same deal for you.
21Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 00:27   #4
To Arms!!

Send a message via ICQ to To Arms!!
My G-21SF is in the shop now. With rounds in the mag (6 or more) it takes both thumbs to release mag.
To Arms!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:54   #5
Wakko

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1192572

I stuck the 21 in the night stand and carry an HK45 now. Never looked back.
Wakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:28   #6
BleedNOrange
Go Vols

Mine was trouble free for the longest and I even posted such. Recently I did have problems. I sent the frame to Glock and they sent me a reg release one in exchange. Problem solved
Old 05-14-2010, 11:30   #7
Wakko

What'd it cost you to ship the frame back to Glock? Do you now have a non matching gun?

Last edited by Wakko; 05-14-2010 at 11:30..
Wakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 15:28   #8
To Arms!!

Cost me $57.49 to ship my G21SF to Glock by FedEx Priority Overnight.
Old 05-16-2010, 18:10   #9
WakkoSS
Banned

That's a bunch of crap. Glock should pay for the ride since it's THEIR design flaw.
WakkoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:35   #10
ToastandJam

How did you take it apart to clean it? Looking at the ambi mag release compared to a standard one, the parts of different and don't seem to pop out.
ToastandJam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 23:54   #11
To Arms!!

I got my G21SF back from Glock. It was shipped to them on April 28 by Fed Ex and was returned to me on May 21. The cost for me to ship it was $57.49.

I indicated to Glock that I was having problems operating the ambidextrous magazine release button.

According to the packing list, Glock "inspected and replaced the frame, magazine catch, spring, slide stop lever locking block pin, connector and cleaned".

Actually they returned my original slide assembly and replaced the frame with the traditional magazine release button and replaced all parts contained in the frame. Of course, the frame has a different s/n than the frame that I sent in to them.

There are some differences in the new frame as compared to my old frame. There is not a lanyard hole in the new frame. There is a 7/16" shiny square on the forward bottom portion of the trigger guard. I had purchased a trigger, trigger spring, connector, and triger housing from Glockmeister to drop in when I got my gun back. But it would not drop in. Upon further inspection, the trigger housing was different than the one that came in my new frame. I suspect that the trigger housing that I got from Glockmeister was for a G21 as the bottom of the trigger housing below the pin hole was shaped differently.

Glock also shipped my gun back to me in a Glock clamshell style box with a new cleaning rod, brush and the Important Safeguards envelope.

Off to the range this weekend to see how it shoots
Old 05-29-2010, 01:43   #12
TangoFoxtrot
OIF 04-05

G21sf ambi safety sticking ; Clean and lube it before you take any other option.
TangoFoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:59   #13
ToastandJam

Anyone know where one could obtain replacement parts (that are in stock) to self-repair/replace and not have to send in and lose SN?

Last edited by ToastandJam; 05-30-2010 at 02:59..
ToastandJam is offline   Reply With Quote