GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-06-2010, 03:32   #1
10mm Universe

Last edited by 10mm Universe; 07-25-2010 at 01:23.. Reason: To Avoid Copyright Violations
10mm Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:02   #2
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Can't help you with that load, but I can tell you Barnes is a stand up outfit. I think Double tap makes good ammo, they just need to better define what their customers are getting.

Barnes "X" bullets retain their mass and will penetrate and expand violently if there is some velocity behind them - thinking these would be a good load for self defense.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:36   #3
preventec47

I just bought some DT 150 and 165gr HP for self defense as I feel the 135 is too light and explosive and the 180 and 200 gr bullets with just too much penetration potential. I think the 180 and bigger
only better if you plan to shoot through barriers or you can line your bad guys up so you can take out 3 or 4 with one shot.

That said, I dont think the double priced Barnes bullets could be justifiably that much better in getting the job done to warrant the extra cost. Are the copper bullets the best ? No doubt in my mind as I use em in my 7mm Rem Mag but for pistol Self Defense purpose I dont think they add anything that
is useful..... well except for penetrating steel or auto glass and barriers for the same weight bullets. So, what would they give us ? ... the ability to provide superior trajectories out to longer distances and STILL be able to penetrate steel and glass like the 200 gr lead bullets. I just dont feel the need to pay extra to do that as I dont feel the probability is there that I will ever need to do that.

Last edited by preventec47; 05-09-2010 at 09:38..
preventec47 is offline   Reply With Quote