GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-08-2010, 22:27   #1
mixflip

Look what new food I bought for my shotgun today...

Armor piercing shotgun shell. Its a finned lead body with a hardened steel penetrator rod in the middle. Its said these can penetrate 1/4" steel plate?

Its been a hobby of mine to slowly collect as many variations of shotgun ammo I can legally buy just for fun. I will never use them. I buy them just as a novelty...unless the SHTF of course because they are so DAMN expensive!!!

I have about 8 different rounds so far.

Tactical Shotguns

If I could just get my hands on those fin stabilized HE rounds I saw on discovery channel!!!

Last edited by mixflip; 05-08-2010 at 22:32..
mixflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 22:29   #2
cornnutt

those are sweet! what else you got? in maxem they showed the teasr rounds thought those where cool but not as cool as yours

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYTH THE LORD
GOD MAKES IT ALL COME RIGHT IN THE END
what color dose a smerf turn then u choke them?-jeff dunham

Last edited by cornnutt; 05-08-2010 at 22:31..
cornnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 22:38   #3
RedHaze
Handgunner

Nice. Ever get your hands on those old 'dragons breath' stuff?
Old 05-08-2010, 22:44   #4
mixflip

I have tracers but not dragons breath. I am on the hunt for some OC (pepper spray) rounds and flechetts. There is a guy here in Vegas that specializes in shotgun ammo. I try to hit his booth at every gun show but prices are crazy high. $5 a round usually and higher!

A taser round would be awesome but as you know those are LE and military only and cops cant get them very easily at the moment. I think its still in individual dept. testing?

Last edited by mixflip; 05-08-2010 at 22:46..
Old 05-08-2010, 22:45   #5
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

BRO STOP FREAKING READING MY MIND ITS DAMN EXHAUSTING !

I played around for a hour or so on ammunition to go dot com today/./// Some really wierd and cool stuff but SO DAMN EXPENSIVE.

and I firmly believe you should know what the round is gonna do by firing a decent amount BEFORE needed...you know, if SHTF and you *do* need to pierce armor etc. you should know if its gonna work.

But if you can afford all the rounds to burn you can afford ppl to shoot for you

But i digress, I must admit I think it would be a great idea to have on hand. I figure, between my 930 SPX (most likely loaded with 00) and the 24" Supernova with the pistol-grip-stock, and some of these damn awesome tear gas, HE, rubber rocket, armour piercing, BOLO rounds, etc. you could basically mount a serious combined defense of your home / offensive operation to keep badguys away and at bay ... BIG TIME. Shoot, you could probably bust through engine blocks at 100 yrs and lob HE and OC rounds through offenders windows! and any stragglers outside you could rubber-finned-rocket kaboom their insurgent arses!

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 23:33   #6
mixflip

Lol...our shotguns can basically become "force multipliers" with the crazy amount of ammo is out there. Yet again another reason I love shotguns.

You are right. I do need to test fire all of them for my own knowledge and experience. When I get my collection up past 10 selections, I'll make a video review of the ammo used on different materials.

My hand is still stamped from todays gun show so I get to go back for free tomorrow. I'll see what else I can spend my tax return money on?

Last edited by mixflip; 05-08-2010 at 23:35..
Old 05-08-2010, 23:33   #7
dc2integra

how much did u pick those up for?
dc2integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 23:41   #8
mixflip

It came out to about $6 each. I picked up 3 just for kicks. I spent most of my money on a 500 round ammo can of 9mm FMJ target ammo for 80 bucks. Pretty good deal I thought for my area anyway.

Last edited by mixflip; 05-08-2010 at 23:43..
Old 05-09-2010, 06:56   #9
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Mix:

I have absolutely NO USE for one, in real honesty, but I am looking for some sort of "battle rifle" when I get the money. Either some sort of scoped, bolt action "sniper" rifle (A Savage or Rem 700 in probably .308), a 5.56/.223 AR for ~ $1400/less, or maybe even something like an M1A .. That would be most necessary for diversifying my portfolio. All my rifles are .22LR.

HOWEVER,

I am a shotgun guy for many reasons, and my next purchase will most likely be a boomstick. As we've discussed, I'm thinking Mossberg 500...Would love a 590A1 -type, I am seriously considering a Rolling Thunder or Road Blocker with a Tac stock , I mean hey, what do I care what other ppl think... if it makes me smile, it makes me happy. If it makes me happy to have and shoot, it makes me have a good time. And if I'm having a good time and enjoying it etc, anyone hating on it will just further increase my enjoyment.

And other than that, if I had a little tax money to drop (I did mine first thing, so I was using my $ Super Bowl Sunday for the 930 SPX after I passed on the M2 Tac the week before) I would also probably load up on shells. I loaded up on Dick's Remington Target load packs, because slugs and buck were season-expensive. Now I have used up a lot of cheap 7 and 8 shot boxes, but never replenished and don't have a big stash of slugs and buck. Like Cypress Hill said, "If the SHTF, ya gotta be ready!"

Old 05-09-2010, 11:07   #10
mixflip

Lately I have felt the need to own a 1000 yard gun. Something simple like a Remington 700 bolt action. (Marines have been using them since the late 50's with great results)

I have what I need as far as handguns and shotguns. Still hunting for an AR and a bolt action...then I should be ready for the 2012 apocalyptic fight for resources lol.
Old 05-09-2010, 22:56   #11
mixflip

Ok I went back for a 2nd time to the local gun show and picked up some more cool shotgun ammo.

Bolo & double slug
Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns
I have no idea what I would do with a bolo round? Maybe slice a bird in half in mid flight? Still looking for a use?

Tactical Shotguns

The double slug is said to have a spread of about 2 inches at 25 feet.

Last edited by mixflip; 05-09-2010 at 23:02..
Old 05-09-2010, 23:39   #12
ronin.45

That seems like alot of money for novelty ammunition. A second slug won't make the bad guy any more dead. The AP is only rated for 1/4" steel plate. Any of the copper solid slugs should do the same thing for like $2 a piece. The bolo serves no obvious purpose.

If they make you happy I guess that is enough but don't expect anything great from them.
Old 05-09-2010, 23:43   #13
mixflip

I dont expect anything. I just got the bug to collect some strange/unique ammo. I probably wont even shoot them. They are going in some kind of display to show off all the different variations of ammo just as a conversation piece in my man cave.

I should have picked up the slug backed with 00-buck shots. It kinda does teh same thing as buck & ball but it had a slug which was kinda cool & different. I'll get some in 5 weeks at the next gun show.

Last edited by mixflip; 05-09-2010 at 23:46..
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37   #14
NWanner

I was given the recipe for a nasty shotgun load a while back. I forget the specifics but the projectile was 3' of "G string" piano wire with 3 1oz lead fishing weights at either end and in the middle...
NWanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 20:25   #15
ronin.45

Dang! A 3+oz. 12ga load is crazy heavy. If you get any kind of velocity out of it you will have some serious recoil.
Old 05-10-2010, 22:00   #16
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Mix i Know it will cost you some serious dough but I am Most interested in hearing how some of these work...

I really really like the idea of having these different use rounds on hand... but I woudln't want to TEST them when the SHTF... I would be especially intereested in your feedback.

Old 05-10-2010, 22:31   #17
Adjuster

http://www.hi-vel.com/index.html

http://www.hi-vel.com/Catalog__24/Sp..._ammuniti.html

Last edited by Adjuster; 05-10-2010 at 22:35..
Adjuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 14:03   #18
zx2loon
Mental Target

Thanks for the killer link....they got some ammo.........
zx2loon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 15:51   #19
N/Apower

If you want some "novelty" ammo that REALLY works, http://www.dixieslugs.com/

Last edited by N/Apower; 05-11-2010 at 15:52..
N/Apower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 17:52   #20
NWanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
Dang! A 3+oz. 12ga load is crazy heavy. If you get any kind of velocity out of it you will have some serious recoil.
I think the 3 feet of piano wire does more damage than the lead haha. They may not have been 1oz each though, but I know they were saltwater fishing weights.

Last edited by NWanner; 05-11-2010 at 17:52..
NWanner is offline   Reply With Quote