Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-12-2010, 17:16   #1
babarracing

Machine guns;

I called Jensens in Loveland CO today looking for a KImber pepper blast gun.
While I had the on the horn, I asked if they sold select fire weapons. They Told me since I am a Civilian I can only buy a weapon manufactured before 1984. If this is so where are the best places with longstanding reputations to buy such old guns. Must I buy in Colorado where I live or can I Buy in other states and have shipped to class III dealer here in CO?

Thanking you in advance for your help,
B.R.H.
babarracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Close-- the only machineguns that are transferable to non-SOTs (or government entities) are ones that were registered before May 19, 1986. Thus, there is a fixed supply. The vast majority of transferable MGs are possessed by individuals, and thus would be sold in classifieds, etc. http://www.sturmgewehr.com/ is the most notable forum for the sale of machineguns. There are also some NFA shops that have things in stock- your best bet is to google for them. If they don't have a bad reputation online and sell a fair number of MGs they are probably GTG.

You can buy from an out of state dealer but the item must be transferred to you on a Form 4 through a Colorado Class 2 or 3 SOT (ie NFA dealer such as Jensens).

If the item is on a Form 3 at an out of state dealer, there is one tax stamp involved getting it into your hands.

If the item is on a Form 4 in another state, there are two tax stamps involved.

If it's on a Form 4 in this state, just one stamp is involved and no dealer has to be involved.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 18:55   #3
babarracing

machine guns:

Thank you for the in depth and understandable reply. Just one question what does the acronym SOT stand for?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:34   #4
Zak Smith
3Gunner

Special Occupation Tax. It is a tax an FFL must pay to become a Class 1 importer, Class 2 manufacturer, or Class 3 dealer of NFA items.

Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:18   #5
babarracing

machine guns:

T H A N K S !