SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2010, 00:29   #1
v188
NFA guy

What to shoot 357 from my Glock 27?

I've got an itch for a 357 Sig and since I don't carry my 27 much anymore, thought I'd convert it to 357. I know the mags will work, but my question(s) are:

1. Can I use a longer barrel in 357, such as the compact barrel, such as from a 31, 32 or 33? It'd give me a little longer barrel and velocity? I'm thinking probably the 31? I'd allow me to thread the barrel, if i wanted to get a can sometime.

2. Do the lone wolf barrel drop straight in without any issues?

3. Any thoughts on a pre-threaded barrel, such as a 31 to use in my 27?

Thanks!!!

Last edited by v188; 05-22-2010 at 00:30..
v188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:43   #2
jeffreybehr
GAPist #1944

2. If Lone Wolf indicates they have a 357SIG barrel for the 27, it'll drop in.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36   #3
cat118

I got an OEM G32 barrel and and OEM G33 barrel for my G27 and never looked back. They both drop right in. I am so pleased I purchased .357SIG mags even though the G27 seemed to work fine.

I do not believe the G31 barrel will work however. I will look to others to confirm or correct me.
Old 05-31-2010, 19:08   #4
skip a stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat118 View Post
I got an OEM G32 barrel and and OEM G33 barrel for my G27 and never looked back. They both drop right in. I am so pleased I purchased .357SIG mags even though the G27 seemed to work fine.

I do not believe the G31 barrel will work however. I will look to others to confirm or correct me.
Correct, compacts and sub-compacts (G27,G33, G32) are interchangable as are the full size (G31, G22 and extended length G35), but the larger pistols locking lugs are different than those of the compact and sub-compact.

I went with a G32 factory barrel in my G33 just to squeeze a bit more velocity out of an already hyper fast round...but that's just me and my prefrance.

LoneWolf also offers different lengths of barrels for compact/sub-compact that also allow you to shoot lead rounds through your Glocks as well in their extended barrel length section. Check em' out. It all comes down to what you want your pistol to do and perform like. I also added an extended length/compensated barrel for my G35 in 357 Sig that I am very pleased with. I get a lot more speed as well as controllability with fast follow up shots when shooting multiple quick strings in rapid fire.
skip a stone is offline   Reply With Quote