Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:55   #1
lordofmpower

New Knife time 3" or under and $70ish or less

Ok Guys, as I'm sure no one remembers I recently got a job in DC and live in VA. All my EDC knives are in excess of 3" which is the legal length for carry in DC.

I would just buy a really nice knife like the Mini CQC 7, but many buildings here won't even allow 3" so if for some reason I had to leave the knife with a guard giving me a .5% chance of actually getting it back I don't want to hand over a nice big money knife. So I'm looking for the best knife I can get thats no more than 3" for less that $70 and preferably in the $50 range. Please give me some ideas. Its bad enough I have to go unarmed into DC, without a knife is not going to happen. I fear if for some reason they found a 3+" knife some over reactive LEO would have a field day, and I don't want to deal with the fallout.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge guys!
lordofmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 15:39   #2
irontexan27

spydercos full flat ground delica is a great knife in your price range. you can also go with the saber ground delica if you want a little more strength but I promise you once you cut with a flat ground spyderco you wont want to cut with anything else.

Last edited by irontexan27; 06-14-2010 at 15:39..
irontexan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 15:51   #3
Gun Shark

Send a message via AIM to Gun Shark Send a message via MSN to Gun Shark Send a message via Yahoo to Gun Shark

Kershaw Baby Boa
http://www.thekershawstore.com/Searc...x=0&Search.y=0

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --Thomas Jefferson

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."
Gun Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:55   #4
lordofmpower

Hoorah, scored a Spyderco Delica 4 combo edge with the Emerson opener, for $65 shipped! from www.southerntackle.com thanks for the input guys
lordofmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56   #5
sns3guppy

Emerson makes the CQC-14 for this very reason; it's got a full length handle but a short blade, to be legal. New, it's out of the price range you quoted. Used, however, it may be just a little more.

While Emersons run a couple hundred dollars in many cases, they can be had frequently on ebay or the classifieds here and elsewhere, for a lot less. I seldom pay more than a hundred or so for Emerson knives, and I've bought quite a few of them. In fact, I have a wall in a safe lined with with them. It's a compulsion, or sorts.

Are you looking for a blade with which to fight, or a utility blade? A swiss army knife will handle a lot of simple cutting needs, though you probably don't want to go to combat with it (I did...but it mostly stayed in the footlocker).
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote