SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:13   #1
Ernest Emerson

Color Matched Knives

Dear Members,

As you know, Emerson Knives has always led from the front. As you know, Emerson Knives has influenced the entire cutlery industry with designs, innovations, training, concepts and a host of other exciting ideas.

Almost 2 years ago we started working with my friend Fernando Coelho who has been a leader in the tactical apparel industry. At this time we decided to develop knives that were color matched to the apparel that was being worn by the operators, so we started working with G-10 manufacturers, coating houses etc., to develop a practical and workable way to color the knives, handles, and hardware that would match the garment colors. Well, we finally got to where we wanted to go with one of the leading coating houses in the world using their engineering, technology, and experience to produce the exact colors that we needed, and the match was good. In fact, darn near perfect.

Aside from the prototypes we did a couple of years back, the first run of these knives was the “EOTAC” knife that we built for the Tactical Gear Company, EOTAC. You may have seen them, as EOTAC has been advertising them for quite some time now.

Now just to get to the point of this statement, we’ve just been made aware that another company has contacted the coating company to do exactly the same thing. In fact they have supplied them with exactly the same garment samples.

Now, I’m not saying that we were the first company to make Tan, Green, or even Camouflage colored knives, but we are the first to work directly with the Tactical Garment industry to produce exact clothing matches.

The real reason that I’m writing this is that “I want it read into the record” that we established this in the way that we did. The other company is bigger than us and I’m sure they will attempt to capitalize on “their innovation”. Further, they are working with a knifemaker who has always seemed to be just two steps behind us from the beginning of his career. Funny how patterns develop over time.

Emerson Knives will be offering in their main line of knives, runs of these colors matched knives. So be sure to look for them shortly.

They really do look good and I’m very proud of the results. I think you’ll like them too.

My Best Regards,

Ernest R. Emerson
Ernest Emerson is offline   Reply With Quote