Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-25-2010, 14:56   #1
jlpskydive

New to me HK USP 9 and holy cow what a long trigger

I just picked up a HK USP 9 police trade in and it has the LEM trigger in it and man what a seriously LONGGGGGGG trigger pull. Is there any way to shorten this thing up?
jlpskydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 15:17   #2
01deuce

On a lem you only have the long pull on the first shot. after the first just let it out only to the reset point, which on a USP is quite short.
01deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 15:21   #3
jlpskydive

Yea but that first pull feel like it's a mile. I saw someone post about a LEM/Match Hybrid and wonder if it's any better?
Old 05-25-2010, 16:26   #4
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpskydive View Post
Yea but that first pull feel like it's a mile. I saw someone post about a LEM/Match Hybrid and wonder if it's any better?
You could always get it converted back to a V1/V2 trigger, but I am pretty sure you would have to send it back to H&K to have this done.
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 16:30   #5
jlpskydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
You could always get it converted back to a V1/V2 trigger, but I am pretty sure you would have to send it back to H&K to have this done.
And about 250 to do it. Anyone have their V1 or V2 parts they want to sell???
Old 05-25-2010, 16:59   #6
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
And about 250 to do it. Anyone have their V1 or V2 parts they want to sell???
Nope, I like my V1 just the way it is, thanks.

My next H&K is gonna be a P30S. I love the way it fits my hand (Even better than my USP), but I am still not a fan of carrying a pistol that lacks a manual safety - including my Glock 32. I am still kinda hoping that H&K will eventually offer the P30 in .357SIG now that theyre making it in .40/
WoodenPlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 21:51   #7
majette

Quote:
no. with the match/lem hybrid the long FIRST pull is smoother and a little lighter. once you learn to work the reset the long pull is a non-issue. for subsequent shots you do not need to return the trigger fully forward. it is considered a combat trigger, not a match target trigger, so train for the first pull to pull the trigger quick without jerking as if it was a revolver. then work the reset for the rest of your shots until you decide to let the trigger go fully forward.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
majette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:27   #8
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by majette View Post
no. with the match/lem hybrid the long FIRST pull is smoother and a little lighter. once you learn to work the reset the long pull is a non-issue. for subsequent shots you do not need to return the trigger fully forward. it is considered a combat trigger, not a match target trigger, so train for the first pull to pull the trigger quick without jerking as if it was a revolver. then work the reset for the rest of your shots until you decide to let the trigger go fully forward.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
I agree.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06   #9
TalkToTheGlock
Zombie Hunter

Try to adapt to it and maybe it will grow on you! Give it a chance.
TalkToTheGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:25   #10
Glocked-N-Loaded
Slow and low...

Yah, the last thing HK needs is another person finding out the truth! Long as hell trigger pull and overly priced! J/K, I have a P2000 myself.

Last edited by Glocked-N-Loaded; 05-27-2010 at 05:25..
Glocked-N-Loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:01   #11
01deuce

Does a HK trigger have a longer trigger pull than any other model that has a hammer? and not a striker. Of course not including SA guns like a 1911.

NO!

Last edited by 01deuce; 05-27-2010 at 12:01..
Old 05-27-2010, 14:14   #12
jlpskydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
Does a HK trigger have a longer trigger pull than any other model that has a hammer? and not a striker. Of course not including SA guns like a 1911.

NO!

Ummm you are wrong. I own a wide variety of handguns and my CZ if about half of that USP 9 and so is the Bersa UC9mm that my wife carries. I actually just pulled an old Ruger P94 out of the back of the safe and it is noticeably shorter as well. The gun has a long trigger pull. Is it bad???? Maybe for me, but the jury is still out on that for now. It is pretty sweet when it does break though.
Old 05-27-2010, 15:29   #13
01deuce

I have had S&W third generation models and a few other models through the years. Never any of the models you mentioned. The ones I have had, if they are shorter than an HK it sure doesn't feel like it. Striker fired guns have shorter trigger pulls and hammer fired guns have longer pulls just the nature of different systems. I have LEM HK's and have no issue with the first shot having a longer pull.

So maybe I'm wrong with some models, but its not like HK's are longer than all else out there.
Old 05-27-2010, 17:17   #14
jlpskydive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01deuce View Post
I have had S&W third generation models and a few other models through the years. Never any of the models you mentioned. The ones I have had, if they are shorter than an HK it sure doesn't feel like it. Striker fired guns have shorter trigger pulls and hammer fired guns have longer pulls just the nature of different systems. I have LEM HK's and have no issue with the first shot having a longer pull.

So maybe I'm wrong with some models, but its not like HK's are longer than all else out there.
I'm sure you're right on this and I'm used to 1911's and Glocks (those are the ones I shoot the most, the others sit a lot or my wife shoots them) so you can imagine why I think this thing feels like a mile to me.
Old 05-30-2010, 18:18   #15
Furyataurus

Send a message via AIM to Furyataurus
I seriously doubt you are going to be worried about that 1st trigger pull if/when you have to use it for self-defense.

Just practice practice practice with it and then practice some more.

I have a V2 USP 9, southpaw here , and have adapted to that trigger style.
Marlin 336C 30-30
Furyataurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:36   #16
Chonny

I really don't like the LEM, though some do. Convert it to Variant 1, DA/SA. Its always a safe bet for instant gratification.
Old 06-05-2010, 17:07   #17
Brad737

When I first started shooting the USP, I practiced DA dry-firing a lot. I also thought the trigger pull was ridiculously long. After about 50 rounds, I totally stopped thinking about the trigger pull. I just enjoy what an accurate, pleasant pistol it is, and how well it fits my hand.

I think of it this way. I personally wouldn't own a Glock without the NY-1 trigger. And I wouldn't want a USP without the LEM.

Glock 17, 20, 21, 30SF
Brad737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:56   #18
Chonny

DA/SA just feels right.
Old 06-11-2010, 22:48   #19
zoraone

USP .40 with the LEM here.

Just picked it up for a great price. Much lower price than the V1/V2s as it is an LEM.

I like the LEM. My USP .40 lacks a control lever so the first DA long pull is useless as you will either have one on the pipe or be forced to rack the slide.

The second short reset DA pull is very smooth. The force required is slightly more than my G21, but the reset is very short, just like the Glock.

Just shoot it a bit and get use to the feel.
zoraone is offline   Reply With Quote