Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-26-2010, 20:39   #1
marklukich

Trigger Not Resetting

Just had to send my PM9 in for maintenance...

The gun has about 800 rounds thru it over the last 4 months and has ran fine the whole time... Took her out the other day and it shot the 1st round just fine but then the trigger failed to reset. I cycled the slide and it would reset about every tenth time or so... I did find that if I push the trigger forward, it will reset and let me shoot again... Who wants to do THAT every time?

Called Kahr and got a Return Number. Dealer sent it back to them with no charge... Now I just have to wait for the outcome...

Anyone else have this problem? I tried a search but came up empty...

Anyways, thanks for reading... Rant off...
Old 06-05-2010, 15:25   #2
buddah

Send a message via AIM to buddah Send a message via Yahoo to buddah
I had the same problem among others (FTF,FTE etc.) on a BNIB PM9 a few yrs. ago. Took the new gun out of the box disassembled, cleaned and lubed. Then couldn't fire one full mag w/o malfunction. Trigger failed to reset several times. To say I was pissed is an understatement. I am LEO firearms Instructor and armorer and own several brands of handguns and this never happened to me on a NIB gun. Called Kahr up and they sent me a call tag for UPS to pick up. Gun was back to me in 2 weeks w/ repair order and letter. Apparently, I got a lemon and they sent me a whole new gun w/ different serial# and free set of nite sights. The repair order said "Slide machined out of spec. and frame cracked and sometype of spring broke". The good news is that I now have this gun as an every day carry for over 4yrs. now and lots of rounds downrange w/o any type of malfunction. I forget the name of the spring, but if you disassemble gun and look down mag well, right inside of the side plate you will see a flat (not coil) type spring. This spring resets the trigger, so either yours broke or somehow became dislodged.

Last edited by buddah; 06-05-2010 at 15:25.. Reason: typo
buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:03   #3
Patchman
Florist

Had a co-worker whose P9 trigger also wouldn't reset. Maybe 2000 rounds through his gun(???). It also ended up being the spring that resets the trigger.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote