SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-30-2010, 20:06   #1
M249SAW
Rescue Jockey

Just bought a LNIB G29 and I need your thoughts

Asking the 10 mike mike people here about this 29 I just purchased and is on its way to me.

Glock 29 LNIB w/3 (10) round magazines w/ pierce grips (less than 100 rounds). The following additions have been made to the Glock: TFO night sights, 3.5# connector, Reduced power striker spring, Glockmeister trigger return spring, Polish job, G20/21 smooth trigger, Wolff metal guide rod and spring, extended slide stop.

No I would have preferred a stock 29 but it was a good deal with my trade. My concern is the trigger mods being kosher as this will replace my 26 as my EDC (I know this is a highly debated topic)

Already bookmarked Georgia arms and DT. The wait to see what fire-medic thinks of his Galco holster otherwise probably a Crossbreed Supertuck.

Any input please let it loose

Thanks
Kyle
M249SAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 21:24   #2
B.Reid

I would replace the Reduced power striker spring with a stock one. The rest of it should be good as long as it was done right.

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 21:27   #3
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Kyle, The G-29 sounds like it is set up OK. The only mods done to mine is the Wolff Non captured rod and the 21# recoil spring and the Pearce+0 grip on the magazine bases. Many have done the trigger work you speak of but mine remains stock.

This little pistol is serving me well, handling all of my handloaded ammo. I have the Storm Lake 10mm and 40S&W conversions and just to mess around with I got the Lone Wolf Dist. 9x25 Dillon conversion.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:14   #4
M249SAW
Rescue Jockey

Thanks guys.

B.Reid I will get a new striker spring on the way. Looks like this Glock armorers course Im about to take might come in handy on this gun, lol.
M249SAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 00:27   #5
seaswol
NRA Life Member

Supertuck

I wnet online to buy a Supertuck for my G29 and noticed that their table listed the same Supertuck holster for my 29 as was the 26 and 27. I contacted them and they said yes, that it is the correct appplication. When I replied back how could a G29 fit in a G26/27 holster, I received no reply. I know from all the reviews here that the Supertuck is a great holster. But how does a G30 have its own application yet the G29 is grouped with the G26/G27? I could go ahead and order the G29/27/26 and if it doesn't fit send it back but that is a waste of everyone's time and my money.
Chris
Old 06-02-2010, 05:02   #6
Grrrr

I wouldn't order that one....29/30 are the same size and 26/27 are the same size. I don't see how a holster that is made for the 26/27 will hold the 29.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31   #7
RogerStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaswol View Post
I wnet online to buy a Supertuck for my G29 and noticed that their table listed the same Supertuck holster for my 29 as was the 26 and 27. I contacted them and they said yes, that it is the correct appplication. When I replied back how could a G29 fit in a G26/27 holster, I received no reply. I know from all the reviews here that the Supertuck is a great holster. But how does a G30 have its own application yet the G29 is grouped with the G26/G27? I could go ahead and order the G29/27/26 and if it doesn't fit send it back but that is a waste of everyone's time and my money.
Chris
When I got mine they didn't list the 29 at all, so I emailed and asked if I should order the one for the 30. They said yes, so that's what I ordered and it's a perfect fit. I don't know what their problem is now, claiming the 29 and the 26 use the same holster. I would just order the one for the 30. The measurements for the 29 and 30 are exactly the same on Glocks website. As a side note, I couldn't be happier with my supertuck!
RogerStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 13:36   #8
Deep Nylon
Me flinch?

I ordered a CBST for a G29 on 5/5, and got it last week. Fits like a glove. I think you'll be pretty happy when you get it. Oh, and it will fit a G20, too....

Last edited by Deep Nylon; 06-07-2010 at 13:36..
Deep Nylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:53   #9
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Kyle, The G-29 sounds like it is set up OK. The only mods done to mine is the Wolff Non captured rod and the 21# recoil spring and the Pearce+0 grip on the magazine bases. Many have done the trigger work you speak of but mine remains stock.

This little pistol is serving me well, handling all of my handloaded ammo. I have the Storm Lake 10mm and 40S&W conversions and just to mess around with I got the Lone Wolf Dist. 9x25 Dillon conversion.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!
as is mine (except for Glock nite sites).

taking her out for a spin today. first time since the new recoil spring and rod assy.

will be using CCI 200gr. FMJ = (.40cal stuff) and DT 135gr. Noslers and DT 165gr. Gold Dots = (both are true 10mm powered).

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 06-08-2010 at 07:53..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:47   #10
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

a quick range trip and i find that the new spring assy keeps the ejected brass a lot closer.

BTW the DT 135gr. Nosler H.P.s from my G29, wow, it really feels magnumesk.

ran some el dorado star fire stuff too. all the non DT loads were easily controled in fast pairs. the DT 165s were stout but not bad at all just more than the .40cal powered stuff. but those DT 135s, Yowza Yowza Yowza! big difference in kick than from my G20.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...

Last edited by cowboywannabe; 06-08-2010 at 12:01..
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 13:48   #11
SonnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaswol View Post
Chris

I tried my 29 in my Galco SOB holster that I got for my G19. It will
go in there but it's so freakin tight it's a chore to get it to come out.

I tried it in a Don Hume made for a 19 too, and it was even tighter. I
have a Don Hume for a XD9, that I think the 29 will fit in about perfect
but I can't find it. I've been searching and out of about 20 holsters, it's
the only one I can't find!!!!!1
Regards Sonny
10 Ring #1949007
I HATE TOYOTA's
SonnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 13:59   #12
Sheepdog Scout
Behind you!

All I can say polish job =

I've got a 20. May get a 29 some day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sheepdog Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 14:02   #13
Sheepdog Scout
Behind you!

Don't forget. If your a current NRA member or current former mil/LEO you can get a 10% discount at Crossbreed. See their FAQs.

And I recommend the horsehide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Sheepdog Scout; 07-15-2010 at 14:03..
Sheepdog Scout is offline   Reply With Quote