SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-30-2010, 23:40   #1
jeffreybehr
GAPist #1944

Latest reloading results and generally inane ramblings

Shot today the latest batches of loads for practice and PD. Used the Berry's 124g. plated HP for the former and the XTP 124 for the latter.

The Berry HPs grouped almost as well as the XTPs, finally; I guess I was loading them to too-high velocities. This batch topped at c. 1230FPS (at 10'), driven by 7.6g. of Accurate5. Started at 7g., didn't see a trend in group sizes, and all loads cycled 100%. Will load probably 7.3g. 'till I run out of #5.

The XTPs were driven by 10.5 to 10.8g. of Accurate7, producing 10-foot velocities of 1350 - 1387FPS from my 4.5" barrel. If I had to choose one of those, it'd be 10.5g. at 1350FPS.

I finally have enough nickeled cases to shoot nothing but, and I like them; they seem to attract less debris from the Hornady One-Shot lube I use on them and do NOT wipe off...just lazy, I guess.

For a few days I've had a vague feeling that my 357 reloads of all kinds ought to be producing smaller groups, but tonite I reviewed data on my .40-cal. 23. Overall, the 357's groups are maybe a little smaller, not larger. ...... (It was the much-longer model 35 that was producing the smaller groups.)

From the 80 different 357SIG loads I've tested, I've now selected a halfdozen loads to reevaluate using a new CED chrono that should arrive this coming week. FedEx had crushed the one that arrived Friday and it doesn't work. Graf & Son rushed a replacement Friday the 28th; they're good people.

Last edited by jeffreybehr; 05-31-2010 at 11:56..
jeffreybehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 22:01   #2
Brent10mm

very nice,

I got my G32 today, and plan on running a few WWB threw it for the first time in two days... cant wait.

grabbed 500rds of berry's 124 hp's, and a box of 124xtp, have some 124 golddots on hand... I'm still debating on the xtp vs. gold dot for this caliber, and cant wait to get to load development, and testing... I'm beating its a close comparison, however XTP's are 1/2 the price...
now if I could only find some dies....
When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.

Last edited by Brent10mm; 06-01-2010 at 22:01..
Brent10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 22:34   #3
jeffreybehr
GAPist #1944

Brent, the XTP 124 is my favorite bullet available to reloaders. It's not bonded, but it always stays together in my tests. The Gold Dots I shoot are factory loads.