Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-06-2010, 14:29   #1
BrazosCoTX

Anybody own a TOPS-Buck CSAR-T?

I'm interested in this knife. Used the "search" option, but nothing came up. Also googled it, but not much except from shops trying to sell the knife. Biggest drawback seems to be the weight of the knife, but the blade is pretty thick. Steel is ATS-34. Price seems to be around $100. If anybody here has one and has an opinion on it, sound off (please )

Semper Fidelis
BrazosCoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 14:55   #2
DBZ220

There are a couple YouTube vids on this piece. Looks pretty nice! I'm curious how it is hands-on though. There aren't any knife shops around my area to check it out at.
DBZ220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 20:47   #3
BrazosCoTX

Took the plunge and bought one...

A very stout folder, meant for heavy duty, too big for pocket carry. Thick blade, nicely shaped, satin finish. Thought it might be sharper coming from the factory. No chance of it slipping from your hands with the factory grips. Heavy duty sheath. Only mod I may make is removing the pocket clip-- no need for it as I will ride the knife in the sheath.

If you don't mind wearing a belt folder, I highly recommend it. If you do, go for a smaller knife. This will not be my EDC knife Monday thru Friday (got an Emerson mini-CQC-7B for that), but it might be my weekend EDC. Definitely will make hiking trips. No such thing as "too much knife" for me.

Shopped around the net, with shipping came to $103.

Own quite a few knives (Emerson, Benchmade, Kabar, Gerber, Buck, Victorinox) and multi-tools (Leatherman), and this compares very favorably with the best of them for fit and finish.

Last edited by BrazosCoTX; 06-15-2010 at 20:48.. Reason: spelling
BrazosCoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:34   #4
piebiter

I just bought one...awesome knife. TOPS input was the design and thickness of the blade as well as to the liner lock and the Rocky Mountain Tread design on the handle. I got mine on ebay for $85.
LeRoy Jethro Gibbs Rule #9 "Never go anywhere without a knife."
piebiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:18   #5
Drjones

Send a message via AIM to Drjones

Just bought one $75 shipped.

If you have any interest in a sharpened, folding prybar, you simply must buy this knife. Period.

It's an ATS-34 blade, heat treated by Paul Bos. The other knives I have that are of identical or better (S30V) steel that are Bos-treated were $400 - Striders.

So, to get a Bos-treated blade for such a ridiculously low price is amazing...

It's a nice knife. It's big, but significantly smaller than my Strider GB. I was a bit disappointed at first, but the reality is that my GB is way, way too big to EDC. Plus, it's one of 72 ever made, so that keeps me from carrying it too....couldn't bear to lose it.

Anyway, the CSAR-T is a great knife at an unbelievable price. Get it if it interests you.