Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:52   #1
OldArcher
Gospel Carrier

ENDO Tactical's Adapter for Glock pistols...

Hi Mas,

As you know, I'm partially disabled, and will no doubt get worse, as time goes on. (Really appreciate your feed back on suppressors for self/home defense. Again, Thank-you, Sir. You removed lots of worry.) Now I'm back with another question...

In self defense, time is critical. So much so, that only accuracy trumps all other considerations, IMHO... To that being the case, margins for error go out the window. In the "Old West," it was shoot to kill- or be killed. I fear that that is now the case when people face/experience armed, home invasions...

I have, by my bed, my superb G21, wearing its TLR-2 and Gemtech Blackside with L.I.D., loaded with 14rds of Winchester PDX1, and a Fobus Roto dual mag pouch. On the bed post by my head, my Walker's Power Muffs. You'd think, "Good to Go!"

At a distance of 50 feet, on a range, sure thing. Under combat conditions? In a house, with another human being (Mom, who's legally blind, deaf in one ear, hearing aid in the other, very bad heart), two young dogs, and furniture? Maybe, when I was much younger, and didn't have glasses with a left eye prescription of four prisms, and a right eye prescription with three prisms... (Right handed, left eye dominant- now shoot left handed, right eye squinted down to darned near closed...)

I saw the ENDO Tactical accessory that adds a stock to your Glock. Seems like a great idea to someone like me. In a home invasion scenario, I'd be much more effective, whereas using my Remington 870 Desert Tactical, even with the Knoxx stock aboard it, and reduced recoil slugs, could well remove me from the fight. I used to shoot shotguns all day long- but those days, I fear, are far, distant in my life's rear-view mirror... And, truth to tell, I don't think I'd be able to maneuver well, let alone, carry it very far...

So, I'm "reduced" to using what would appear to me, as an optimal solution, not perfect, but neither is my condition, nor am I... I've sworn to myself, that I'll not become a helpless victim. Dead, maybe, but not a helpless victim...

What type of tactics/training would you recommend for this?

Many years ago, I was blessed with shooting a friend's broom handled Mauser. Stripper clip fed, twenty rounds, long distance style rifle sights... Ah, but it was magnificent... Accurate, no jambs, and the shoulder stock! Gun heaven... I'd guess that today, I could buy a new car, for the value of that weapon...

I look forward to your advice, Sir.

May you and yours always be well, safe, happy, and forever, free...

OldArcher, out...
"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.
OldArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:20   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Old Archer, two pieces of advice for you.

First, put the brakes on your plans for the moment. I touched bases with a good friend who is also one of the most knowledgeable Class III dealers in the country, and his take on your question is that you'll not only need to go the Class III route, but will have to get there via Form 1, the license to manufacture such a weapon.

Second, run (do not walk) to the GATE NFA/CLASS III section and ask the opinion of Glock Talk's resident expert there, Zak Smith. He really knows his stuff, and you want a second opinion when dealing with accessories that, however mundane they seem, can get you sent to Federal prison.

Finally, thanks for being wise enough to CHECK before DOING. There are folks who've gone through horrible legal nightmares because they didn't think ahead.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote