Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:29   #1
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Opinions? Surefire 618LM (LED w/ TIR lens)

I was reading about the new Surefire fore-end that has the LED and a TIR lens. Here is the description from the Surefire site:

Compact 6-volt (2-battery) system features a virtually indestructible LED emitter focused by a TIR lens, which produces a brilliant beam optimized for close- to medium range applications. The 618LM generates 200 lumens of output and has a tactical runtime of 2 hours per set of batteries, with gradually decreasing output afterward.

http://www.surefire.com/618LM

Does anyone have any experience with the Surefire LEDs? And/or this LED with the special lens?

I've searched here and in tacticalshotguns forum (http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...64193a7ae64ffb) and haven't found anything.

Any info will be appreciated.

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49   #2
B Coyote

Surefire makes an excellent product. I had the old Xenon-bulb light on my previous shotgun and never had issues. Their LED products are only better as they have longer battery life and are far more durable.

bc
B Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 17:06   #3
aippi

I use them and I am a Surefire dealer so I have a little expirence with them. I find the LED a fuller bright light at closer distance. The incandesent seems to reach out further. I also like the spot the incandesent has as I have found at the right range, anything inside that spot catches buckshot. So it is like a secondary aiming device.

As for surefire, yes, it cost. The light you are asking about retails for $375.oo. It will be the last light you will ever need for that 870 as they have a life time warranty and Surefire has the best customer service in the business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 18:29   #4
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I was wondering if the Surefire Leds were that much better. I was thinking of getting an incandescent Surefire and adding a Malkoff led.

I've got a few different 870s, and I will probably try the 618LM against the Malkoff when I get a chance.

Thanks again.

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote