Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-13-2010, 00:50   #1
Hotsauce

New glock owner with a few questions

Never owned a glock before, and the G20 is my first. Never shot a 10mm either. My carry pistol is a Les Baer .45 However the thing is heavy, and my Taurus TCP is just a GTF away gun. Thought I would try something different.

1. I really wanted a compensated G20c, but could not find any locally. Any thing I can do reasonable cheap to take care of some of the snap?

2. What is this Seattle plug I hear about?

3. Anything I should do with it, like a trigger job, etc to make it a little more comfy to shoot? Remember, I am used to a custom 1911 that is exquisite and very, very smooth.

4. Any recommendations on a IWB holster? I have a desantis scorpion and a crossbreed for my 1911, but desantis does not offer one for the 20.

Thanks in advance.
Hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:49   #2
leadslinger13

welcome.

i was a long time custom 1911 and like you was looking for something different. I came across the 10mm and have never looked back. glock has been building the 10mm almost since it came on the market so i figured i couldn't go wrong as it seemed the other manufactures had had some many problems with the full house load.

First, you will have to rethink your expectations of the trigger and this is not and will never be a 1911 single action trigger. there are a ton of different aftermarket things that can get you close. I don't see a reason to install something that may give you unknown problems. I also feel that giving yourself range time with this trigger you will not want it to be too light. search the" 25 cent trigger job or polishing". Super easy and costs nothing. It will smooth out the stacking feeling. You can look at some of the reduced power spring kits but definitely try various combinations as sometimes they get too light and won't reset trigger safety properly. Besides the more you shoot this trigger the smoother it gets.

I is not a 6 o'clock hold either. this took some retraining on my part and i still have trouble trusting my sights. Once you get used to it no fuss no muss.

recoil snap...try heavier recoil spring and metal guide rod 20 to 22 lbs.

The cross breed seems to be the most praised IWB. there is a DIY similar in the archive that I have yet to do but looks very promising.

I have never been a big fan of compensated models its distracting. Heavier spring and guide rod will do more to help.

cheaper trigger time can come from a AA 22lr conversion kit. kind of hard to find but well worth the cost.

below are some links to the plug you referenced. They do add weight so you will be giving up that aspect. If you put enough rounds down range and work on grip then again i see no reason to add something that may give you problems.

hope this helps you getting starting on your 10 mm journey.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1...for_GLOCK_reg_

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82158
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Last edited by leadslinger13; 06-13-2010 at 07:53..
leadslinger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:10   #3
527varmint

Even with full house loads the g-20 is as gentle as a kitten. Just hold on tight and don't flinch.

Yeah the trigger on a glock sucks but this gun isn't about accuracy its about self defense and its fine for that purpose. The triggers very long heavy pull makes it safe. Lets not forget 1911's have a safety. A glock with a light trigger in the field sounds like a recipe to blow a hole in something you don't want to like your leg.

I got the 40 barrel and the 22 conversion too. I'm getting in way more practice with it. BOth run perfectly. You can get the AA kits on gunbroker.

check out simplyrugged.com. They can be carried IWB,OWB, Strong side, Cross draw, Chest holster,horizontal shoulder. I just got mine for the g-20 its awesome . Carried it coyote hunting on the chest holster yesterday, great for hiking. In 10 seconds you can bolt on the IWB straps and presto its IWB. Been carrying it OWB around the house also very comfy.

I sleep better in bear country with a 10mm under my pillow!
527varmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 15:41   #4
Hotsauce

Awesome information, thanks very much.
Hotsauce is offline   Reply With Quote