Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-15-2010, 20:45   #1
Lotus000

Guncrafter v. Similar Guns

OK...so I'm applying to tons of jobs right now, and I expect to be employed in some capacity in the next month or so (trust me, it's been a long road, and that's another thread entirely).

In celebration of my new job, and because I love my brother, I want to get 2 custom 1911's with sequential serial numbers for my brother and I. I live in S.E. Oklahoma, and am only an hour or so from the hot-bed of 1911's (in my opinion) with Wilson, Nighthawk, and Guncrafter really close to me.

For those in the know, is Guncrafter worth the money? I want to get my brother and I custom guns that are worth every bit of 2.5k. Though I don't think that either of us will ever resell them, I know that Wilson and Nighthawk hold their values very well.

The thing that draws me to Guncrafter is the fact that they don't have a lot of 'junk' on the slides, etc.

So, opinions? Thanks in advance, guys!

(oh, I'd be getting the .45 ACP version, not the fifty-cal one...the 'No Name' version)
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 20:46   #2
Chonny

Id get that no name model, cleanest 1911 ever.
Old 06-15-2010, 20:48   #3
Lotus000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
And that's what I LOVE about it! It's just...it's just a gun! Nothing fancy, just a straight custom gun. Do you have one? How's the reliability/customer service (if you've had the chance to use it)?
Lotus000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 20:50   #4
Chonny

I wish I had one, I've spent a long time looking at this thread here:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1230922

Bac can tell you basically whatever you wanna know about any 1911.
Old 06-15-2010, 21:01   #5
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
OK...so I'm applying to tons of jobs right now, and I expect to be employed in some capacity in the next month or so (trust me, it's been a long road, and that's another thread entirely).

In celebration of my new job, and because I love my brother, I want to get 2 custom 1911's with sequential serial numbers for my brother and I. I live in S.E. Oklahoma, and am only an hour or so from the hot-bed of 1911's (in my opinion) with Wilson, Nighthawk, and Guncrafter really close to me.

For those in the know, is Guncrafter worth the money? I want to get my brother and I custom guns that are worth every bit of 2.5k. Though I don't think that either of us will ever resell them, I know that Wilson and Nighthawk hold their values very well.

The thing that draws me to Guncrafter is the fact that they don't have a lot of 'junk' on the slides, etc.

(oh, I'd be getting the .45 ACP version, not the fifty-cal one...the 'No Name' version)
I've spent alot of time in SE OK. Have alot of family ties to Idabel and spent many a day on Broken Bow Lake and in Beavers Bend. Great country. And great people there. Boomer Sooner!
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 21:04   #6
Chonny

Cool, didnt know all those companies were around, plus STI down a bit further.
Old 06-15-2010, 21:10   #7
bac1023

Quote:

I just picked up a "No Name" last week and have been very impressed.

Please read my review here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...1231579&page=2

I own multiple Wilsons and Nighthawks and really like the Guncrafter quite a bit. You and your brother would love a couple of "No Names".
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 22:12   #8
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
Ditto.
Old 06-15-2010, 22:15   #9
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
And that's what I LOVE about it! It's just...it's just a gun! Nothing fancy, just a straight custom gun. Do you have one? How's the reliability/customer service (if you've had the chance to use it)?
Put it this way. Alex was the head engineer and quality control man for Wilson for 15+ years. Nuff said about the quality of product he puts out. He's a damn near legend in Northwest Arkansas, where 1911's are about as good as it gets.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:57   #10
drc767
Navy CSAR

Quote:

It is always kind of tough to compare a Wilson to a Nighthawk, to a Brand X ect, and come to the conclusion that one is "better" than the other. I think it always ends up boiling down to which pistol fills your needs and wants. I have more Wilson's than any other semi-custom and am a big Wilson fan. That being said, I was very impressed with the Guncrafter "No Name" I had in my hands for all of about 30 minutes before I shipped it off to Brian (bac1023). I will have another one later this week and will have more time to evaluate it a little closer if it stays around long enough for me to do so. My initial impressions with the NN were that it was a very solid, tight pistol. The Melonite finish is more along the lines of a Parkerized pistol, so if you like the slickness and smoothness of the Wilson or Nighthawk, you may not like NN. Me? I think a melonite finish is an excellent, durable finish for a carry pistol, so I think it is a plus, not a negative. As Brian stated in his review, the barrel lockup on the NN was along the lines of a brand new Les Baer, which I have never seen in a WC or NH....The NN was just plain rock solid in every aspect of the build that I was able to see. The only markings on this pistol is the Mfg. information and serial number stampings on the frame.....this pistol just screams "all work and no play". Is it going to make all of your friends gasp for air when they look at it? Probably not, but this pistol was not designed, nor is marketed for its "bling" factor.....It is designed as a work pistol with the attention being paid to the "quality and craftsmanship that let the pistol speak for itself" (from their brochure). Just one quick look at the slide to frame fit, the trigger, the barrel lockup, ect will convince you these pistols are of high quality with attention to detail on the build.....all the attributes you would expect to find on a $2,500 pistol. I WILL add one of these pistols to my personal collection sooner rather than later...
drc767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 18:16   #11
bac1023

Well said, Dave.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote