Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-16-2010, 19:47   #1
Jabberwocky

Yet Another Sad Range Report

Took my new to me Kahr K9 to the range, along with a brand new out of the box Glock 21SF. I greased and oiled the K9 as per the nice sticky. Since I had some out, I put some grease on the rails of the Glock.

Can you guess which one ran flawlessly and put 150 rounds in the 8" circle.

And which one had 4 FTE and failed to slide lock 1/3 of the time on both factory magazines?

Hint, that later has got a lot more than the 200 round break-in rounds down range by the previous 2 owners!

Guess I should have read up on the Kahr's more; didn't know there was such a high likelyhood of getting a lemmon. My KelTec P3AT hasn't given me that kind of trouble since it's break-in period.

I'm sending it in for the Elite Trigger, their customer service said something about old style 2 part frames making it a difficult thing for the average gun owner to do. Thoughts on that? Well, while it's in Worcester I'll certainly bring up these issues. But I'll put a couple of hundred more practice FMJ into the backstop as well...

cheers,
Jab
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 19:52   #2
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

My CW9 was a piece of crap from day one. FTE, FTEx, FTF and light strikes. 3 trips back to Kahr and hours on the phone eventually resulted in a servicable RANGE toy. I could never trust it and sold it for a loss with full disclosure.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 20:36   #3
Emeses

My first Kahr was a P40. First few hundred rounds no problem. The recoil was pretty sharp though so it wasn't a whole lot of fun shooting up boxes of ammo. Then the mag followers started breaking. Replaced three or four. Everything was ok the next few hundred rounds, then the mag started falling out after every shot. Traded it off.

My second Kahr was a CW9. Put 100 rounds or so with no problems. Then I started getting light strikes or no strike at all. Back to Kahr for a new barrel. No problems since.

My latest is a K40. Fell in love with it on the first shot. Put 300 rounds through it with no FTE's or FTF's. Big difference in recoil over the P40. Quite manageable. However, the trigger pin walks out and I have to keep pushing it back in.

Three Kahrs, problems with all three. Very disappointing because with the exception of the P40, I really like them, especially the K40. For the price I would think quality issues like these wouldn't make it out of their factory.
Emeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 18:16   #4
bean66

My Kahr PM9 has been flawless day 1, Even during the break in period.

Sorry about your bad experience. But I don't think its especially fair to compare a brand new glock vs a used Kahr. Kind of like comparing a used car with the odomer yanked vs a new one. You just never know what your getting.

Good think is that Kahr customer service is very good from what I hear.

Good luck
bean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 23:52   #5
mitchg233

Quote:
But I don't think its especially fair to compare a brand new glock vs a used Kahr.
That is true, but I also don't think it is fair to spend top dollar for a gun and have CS ignore you until you have finished the "break in" period......
mitchg233 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k9 fte