GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-17-2010, 20:41   #1
AUnick

Is the price difference of the XDM over the XD really worth it?

I was wondering what you all thought about this. I can get an XD for $440 and an XDM for $590 (both brand new). Doesn't really seem worth it, but I've never shot an XDM only an XD.
AUnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:22   #2
larry1096

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUnick View Post
I was wondering what you all thought about this. I can get an XD for $440 and an XDM for $590 (both brand new). Doesn't really seem worth it, but I've never shot an XDM only an XD.
More importantly, do you prefer the grip size of the XD or the XDM? They are differently shaped, and even with the inserts the XDM cannot perfectly mimic the XD's grip size/shape.

After that, I'd say they're not that different. The XDM trigger may be a bit better, stock, but a competitor will work on either. The stock sights are slightly better on the XDM, as well, but if you have a preference you'll also be changing those.

If you're planning to get trigger work and sight replacement done, I'd start with the XD and save the cash.

Larry
larry1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 23:44   #3
AUnick

Thanks. I was just trying to get some opinions about this. I feel the same way about the sights and trigger.
AUnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:07   #4
Alliance50

XDM 45 Acp

Hello all

I notice the sights on the new XDM 45's look a little better than what was on the the original xd's.
How many of you that have XDM's will keep the white dot sights it comes with or change them out for NS?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:18   #5
coqui33
NRA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance50 View Post
How many of you that have XDM's will keep the white dot sights it comes with or change them out for NS?
I just bought my wife a brand-new XD-9, having decided that the XD-M did not justify the extra cost. The XD-9 has those three white dots and she has decided that she hates them and wants a green fiber optic front sight. So I am off to a gunsmith today to find out what this will cost. Any particular brand I should ask for?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
coqui33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:54   #6
Alliance50

Quote:
Originally Posted by coqui33 View Post
I just bought my wife a brand-new XD-9, having decided that the XD-M did not justify the extra cost. The XD-9 has those three white dots and she has decided that she hates them and wants a green fiber optic front sight. So I am off to a gunsmith today to find out what this will cost. Any particular brand I should ask for?
I'm no expert on sights but I do like the tru-glo TFO's if you fiber optic so you can see it better in the day time go with TFO's they work like fiber optic in the day and are bright as hell at night.
I put them on my glocks.
If I should decide to change out the sights on my XDM when I pick it up it will TFO's. I've had the best of luck with them on carry and or range guns. they'll stand up to abuse they have from me.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57   #7
PAPACHUCK

I now own 4 XD's, but have yet to buy a XDm. I like the m's, but the reg XD's shoot so well, it's hard to justify the add'l cost. One day I'll get a XDm9, probably OD BiTone.

That would be a nice addition to the family.

My four buddies;

The XD Club

GT S/P Code: 18SE-AdeGi (eh..who cares now)
PAPACHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 23:44   #8
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUnick View Post
The XDm fits my hand much better, so I think it is worth the extra money.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:29   #9
PAPACHUCK

Update to my previous post.

A couple of weeks ago, I, on a whim, traded my XD9sc for a XDm9, straight up. You would think I'd be happy, but I want my sc back.

Anybody want a 100rd XDm9?

GT S/P Code: 18SE-AdeGi (eh..who cares now)
PAPACHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xdm