Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:39   #1
arturius

PM9...How durable?

I've seen this discussed before, but mostly "theoretical". I realize these aren't Glocks and probably won't go 100,000 rounds (with minor part replacements of course); but does anyone have practical experience or testimonials to this thing shooting at least 10,000 rounds with major part wear?

Thanks
arturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 16:12   #2
josp

There is a fellow on kahr talk forum that reports 25k through his PM9.

I've only got about 2k through my CW9.
josp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:20   #3
Linux3

I guess I don't understand the question. Or maybe why anyone would ask the question.
I have in the 3k range through my PM9 and it runs just fine but it's a EDC not a range weapon. I can't imagine putting 10k rounds through it. One a month or some times a little more often I put a box of 50 through it to keep the skills up. Call it 600 rounds a year now but I put a LOT more through it when learning how it shoots, in case you are wondering why the math doesn't add up. lol

I shoot USPSA and IDPA and some local stuff and average 200 rounds a week in my M&P and I don't even worry about 100,000 rounds in that. And by the way, if you do much competitive shooting you will see Glocks fall over all the time. IMHO they are no better or worse that many other brands of competition pistols. Kahrs are carry guns. Well, I have used my TP9 in local matches and it's a little gem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 13:40   #4
arturius

I ask the question because I believe one should train with the gun they carry; to do otherwise holds no interest for me. Without proficiency and training what's the poing
arturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 14:24   #5
staticfiend

I got 200 rounds through mine so far. I'm not going to clean or lube it till it breaks. Everyone says these guns are huge failures so I will put it to the test.
Florida Glockers #325
staticfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 15:12   #6
Linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturius View Post
I ask the question because I believe one should train with the gun they carry; to do otherwise holds no interest for me. Without proficiency and training what's the poing
I agree but after I gained proficiency 50 rounds a month or so is more than enough practice to maintain skills. That's still 600 rnds a year. 6,000 rounds in 10 years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 20:32   #7
deathpriest

I got mine 6 years ago. Probably 4K rounds and goes bang every time. I do not put that many rounds as I would on a g19 but, it gets fired regularly.
deathpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 21:57   #8
Cowart

Quote:
does anyone have practical experience or testimonials to this thing shooting at least 10,000 rounds with major part wear?
10,000 rounds of 9mm ammo will cost about as much as 4 or 5 PM9s. Maybe it would be wise to buy a spare now, and be prepared?
Cowart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:06   #9
at_liberty

Quote:
The problem is that a carry gun as you define one makes a really second rate range warrior gun. To make your theory work, you need to carry a bigger gun.

I have a PM40, a T40, and a P40. I see no point in compromising the enjoyment I can have at the range by being forced to shoot some nasty little sawed off gun all the time just in case I might have to shoot defensively once in my lifetime. Shooting the guns is just not that different, but the range at which you can shoot effectively would certainly matter.

It's really not all about defensive shooting. You find a comon ground you like to call "fun". Different people will use different guns to define that, but look around and appreciate what others are doing with their guns. Yes, you start out with one gun, but if you like shooting, trust me there will be other guns for various applications.

Plan on shooting some of those thousands of rounds in a gun that is really intended for what you are doing. It's not alll about fast draw, point and shoot at 10 feet.

Last edited by at_liberty; 07-06-2010 at 03:07..
at_liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 16:37   #10
the perfesser

Back to the OP's question: besides josp, does "does anyone have practical experience or testimonials to this thing shooting at least 10,000 rounds with major part wear?"
the perfesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 17:51   #11
AZ Traveler

Tough Guy Levi has more then 20,000 on his PM9 according to his last report.
Colt Pocket 1903 32 ACP / KelTec P32
SASS Member / NRA Member / Kahr Club # 22
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote