Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:11   #1
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

Remington 870 Tactical?

What can you tell me about this?

While just scoping around I noticed this recently, and it really caught my eye... It is apparently a "plain jane" Remington 870 Tactical... but it really stood out to me...

$329.99... I need it like I need a hole in the head but it seems really sweet to me... How bout it?

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40   #2
aippi

I am assuming from the price you are talking about model 25077. It is the Express HD. It should have an 18.5" bead sight barrel, Remington 2 shot Extension, Remington synthetic rear stock and Speed Feed LE forend. Is this the one you are asking about? If so, it is the exact model that I recommend on my web site for people that need an HD shotgun on a budget. It is also the model that most customizers built their Remington shotgun on. I use this model, Wilso uses the same model but with out the extension. This model is the best value in a HD shotgun on the market.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:06   #3
frankr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo View Post

While just scoping around I noticed this recently, and it really caught my eye... It is apparently a "plain jane" Remington 870 Tactical... but it really stood out to me...

$329.99... I need it like I need a hole in the head but it seems really sweet to me... How bout it?
ScrappyDoo, I have one and I really like it. Could not pass up the price. I got my 870 tactical 25077 at Dick's for $330. The attachment is just to show you what it looks like. I like the speed feed slide because you can attach a 6 shell side saddle and not worry about the standard slide interfering. I did buy a speedfeed pistol grip shoulder stock from aippi that I really like. It has a shorter pull than the standard stock. I feel like I now have better control and stability.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...=172125201#PIC

Last edited by frankr; 06-23-2010 at 11:18..
frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 13:18   #4
aippi

Hey Jarhead - good to hear your happy with the SF IV. I love them. FYI - the Speedfeed LE forend also allows you to use the 8 shot shell holders like the Mesa Tactical 8 rd shell holder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
Old 06-24-2010, 10:25   #5
frankr

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
Hey Jarhead - good to hear your happy with the SF IV. I love them. FYI - the Speedfeed LE forend also allows you to use the 8 shot shell holders like the Mesa Tactical 8 rd shell holder.
Iím not sure if itís just my imagination but I feel like I have better control of the gun and Iím able to get on multiple targets faster.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54   #6
aippi

You do have better control. he stock also gives you more surface area to distribute recoil. On my HRT the guys would wear duty gloves with padded palms and after hundreds of rounds of buckshot their was little to no effect due to recoil on our hands or shoulders, however, we wore body armor also. We has close quarter hips drills that simluated lbeing hit in the weak hand and having to fire at the threat that just shot you. The guys with conventional stocks had difficulty stiking the threat, the ones with SF stocks did not. The ability to contral the weapon better paid off there.

That stock gives you a serious edge over a conventional stock when it comes to weapon retension. You can prove this is a fact by having a friend help. Get two weapons, one with a conventional stock and your SF IVS. Make sure both weapons are not loaded and safe. Have him try to take the conventional stock weapon away from you then try to take the weapon with the SF IVS. Point proven.

Weapon retension is critical on a duty weapon or HD weapon. Anyone out there who thinks he can't have his weapon taken away and used on him is a damn fool.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
Old 06-24-2010, 17:16   #7
frankr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappyDoo View Post

ScrappyDoo, Get the Remington 870 Tactical. You will not be sorry. And if you want to see some really cool 870's pull up aippi web site. http://www.aiptactical.com/

Last edited by frankr; 06-24-2010 at 17:17..
frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 20:52   #8
Ferdinandd

I'm having no luck with the link to aiptactical. Any advice?

Do you guys favor the shortened LOP, or the standard? I think that's the difference between a III and IV, but can't recall for sure.
Ferdinandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 21:06   #9
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

I really like it, I may very well buy it. I have absoultely no need for another shotgun but what the hell

I have decided to keep my S&W 15-22, but I am still selling my Benelli Supernova. I shouldn't have bought the 24" "tactical turkey" gun... I have no use for it. It's too big for home defense. I bought it because, well ****, I don't know why I did. but if I can sell it I'm getting the Remington. Thanks for all the info BTW. Much apreciated.

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 21:45   #10
aippi

Both the SF III and the IV are 14" LOP. The III is one with the built in shell holders in the stock. The IV does not have them. It is the Speedfeed IVS that is the 13" LOP and if going on a duty weapon to be used while wearing body armor you can remove the recoil pad and install the Speedfeed SWAT plate and that reduces it to a 12" LOP.

Yes, the reduced LOP gives you advantages on weapons that are dedicated to Duty or HD. Shorter is better for sure and for an LEO wearing body armor the reduced LOP is a must. For short guys like me it is essential.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer