Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-27-2010, 16:34   #1
mrslippery

Bac said come in !!

So this is where the waters fine? Last week I posted the about replacing my G30/G21 battery with a Ultra carry II, and a TLE II, well, I bought the Ultra carry II yesterday. Sold off the G30, look forward to carry the "thin is in " 1911 Ultra Kimber. I plan to get out tomorrow morning to run a box through it, 230FMJ. Do these come with a take down tool? I've been carrying a SW37 in a IWB holster with a single metal belt clip, can't tell what make it is. Anyone carrying a compact in something similar? Will post my range results later. Hopefully I'll have my TLE II within the next couple weeks.
Old 06-27-2010, 16:56   #2
Quack
Rent this space

Welcome to the wonderful world of 1911's

The Ultra doesn't have a take down tool like the smaller Springfield. IIRC, the Ultra has a small hole in the recoil guide rod. A small paper clip should work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 17:02   #3
bac1023

...glad you're a part of our forum.

As Quack said, the Kimbers with the bull barrels have the small hole for a pin or paper clip to be used as a take down tool. I believe they're all that way.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 17:30   #4
mrslippery

Thanks for the welcomes, and replys. Any recommendations on holsters? I don't have the profile I had 30 years ago, IWB is what I prefer, but the size and profile would be critical issues. Been carrying my G30 in a paddle style, which I like, and may carry this Kimber the same. Just thought it would help to hear from others on what there using. Thanks again,
Old 06-27-2010, 17:45   #5
Cerebrus
Airborne! 12B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslippery View Post
Thanks for the welcomes, and replys. Any recommendations on holsters? I don't have the profile I had 30 years ago, IWB is what I prefer, but the size and profile would be critical issues. Been carrying my G30 in a paddle style, which I like, and may carry this Kimber the same. Just thought it would help to hear from others on what there using. Thanks again,
Welcome aboard!.. I have a Kimber Ultra that I have been carrying in a Supertuck for a bit now.. I like it quite a bit as it is exceedingly comfortable..it is an IWB.. before that I was using a Bianchi carrylok, as I really liked the locking feature and it held the gun rather tightly to me..
Cerebrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 17:46   #6
jrs93accord

Welcome to our humble home. Congrats on you first Kimber too.

A bad day shooting beats a great day working!
jrs93accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 17:47   #7
Quack
Rent this space

I use Milt Sparks VM-II's, but I also have a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. I don't use the Crossbreed anymore though.

Old 06-27-2010, 17:51   #8
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs93accord View Post
Welcome to our humble home.

Well, I'm not sure its always so humble around here.

Old 06-27-2010, 19:40   #9
mrslippery

Quote:
Welcome to our humble home. Congrats on you first Kimber too.
Thanks for the welcome, but it's not my first. I picked up a Stainless II last fall, my significant other of 29 years loved it the first timeout, it's in her collection now. Just wanted something slimmer than my G30, something I can EDC all year round. I almost bought a G36 shortly after buying my daughter one, but wanted something closer to my J frame smith. I find the Ultra close to these attributes.
Old 06-27-2010, 19:40   #10
hoven88
Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of 1911's

The Ultra doesn't have a take down tool like the smaller Springfield. IIRC, the Ultra has a small hole in the recoil guide rod. A small paper clip should work.
I just got my Ultra Carry last week and the take down tool was hiding under the foam in my gun case... It may just be something new, them including a tool. Take a look, maybe you'll find a surprise.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
hoven88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 19:46   #11
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoven88 View Post
I just got my Ultra Carry last week and the take down tool was hiding under the foam in my gun case... It may just be something new, them including a tool. Take a look, maybe you'll find a surprise.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
yep, but i was referring that it doesn't have the plastic takedown clip like the Springfield or the STI's with the recoilmaster have.

i never used the takedown tool/paperclip on my Kimber Ultra and also don't use one for my EMP. Knedrgr was over last weekend and i took down his Springfield Ultra Compact w/o tool's either. The only gun that i need tool for are those wil 2pc FLGR's and the STI w/ Recoilmaster.

Old 06-27-2010, 19:54   #12
Quack
Rent this space

the Kimber tool can bee seen right above the manual

1911 Forums

and the Springfield tool is the little plastic clip near the keys.
The "L" shaped pin is to remove the MSH since it has ILS
1911 Forums

Last edited by Quack; 06-27-2010 at 19:54..
Old 06-27-2010, 20:01   #13
mrslippery

Thanks Quack, It dose have that orange tool in the case. I was reading the manual and I thought I seen a picture of something like a allen wrench as a take down tool. Since you own the Ultra and a EMP how would you compare them against each other. I almost when the EMP route, but I thought I got a deal on my Ultra at 800.00 OTD.
Old 06-27-2010, 20:04   #14
jrs93accord

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, but it's not my first. I picked up a Stainless II last fall, my significant other of 29 years loved it the first timeout, it's in her collection now. Just wanted something slimmer than my G30, something I can EDC all year round. I almost bought a G36 shortly after buying my daughter one, but wanted something closer to my J frame smith. I find the Ultra close to these attributes.
I am a big Kimber fan myself. I have managed to acquire the following:

SS Pro Carry II (my CCW)
Pro Covert II
Eclipse Custom II
PRO Eclipse II
Eclipse Target II
Tactical Custom II
Ultra Tactical II
Classic Gold Match
Custom II
CDP Custom II

A bad day shooting beats a great day working!
jrs93accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 20:09   #15
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Thanks Quack, It dose have that orange tool in the case. I was reading the manual and I thought I seen a picture of something like a allen wrench as a take down tool. Since you own the Ultra and a EMP how would you compare them against each other. I almost when the EMP route, but I thought I got a deal on my Ultra at 800.00 OTD.
the orange piece is a chamber flag, the tool is a small wire tool that looks like an allen wrench. it's in on top of the "Operation Manual" in the plastic bag on the lower left.

I sold my Tactical Ultra after i bought my EMP, if that is any indication which i liked better. for .45ACP i carry a Commander sized 1911.

Last edited by Quack; 06-27-2010 at 20:10..
Old 06-27-2010, 20:10   #16
bac1023

Quote:
I am a big Kimber fan myself. I have managed to acquire the following:

SS Pro Carry II (my CCW)
Pro Covert II
Eclipse Custom II
PRO Eclipse II
Eclipse Target II
Tactical Custom II
Ultra Tactical II
Classic Gold Match
Custom II
CDP Custom II

It looks big until you realize its not even a quarter of your 1911 collection.
Old 06-27-2010, 20:11   #17
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
It looks big until you realize its not even a quarter of your 1911 collection.

Old 06-27-2010, 20:21   #18
hoven88
Wannabe

Quote:
yep, but i was referring that it doesn't have the plastic takedown clip like the Springfield or the STI's with the recoilmaster have.

i never used the takedown tool/paperclip on my Kimber Ultra and also don't use one for my EMP. Knedrgr was over last weekend and i took down his Springfield Ultra Compact w/o tool's either. The only gun that i need tool for are those wil 2pc FLGR's and the STI w/ Recoilmaster.
Sorry Quack, i had misunderstood what you said.

hoven88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 20:25   #19
mrslippery

Quote:
the orange piece is a chamber flag, the tool is a small wire tool that looks like an allen wrench. it's in on top of the "Operation Manual" in the plastic bag on the lower left.

I sold my Tactical Ultra after i bought my EMP, if that is any indication which i liked better. for .45ACP i carry a Commander sized 1911.
Nope, didn't come with one. My paperwork wasn't in a bag(manual), back to the shop in the morning.
Old 06-28-2010, 00:35   #20
okie
GT Mayor

Welcome to the forum, Ma'am, and congrats on the Kimber
okie is offline   Reply With Quote