GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 21:43   #1
irontexan27
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
Will HK45c get the ergo grip?

For whatever reason H&K's have really been catching my attention lately and I have been taking a closer look at the HK45 compact. As the thread title suggests I am wondering if there is any word on the HK45 compact receiving the ergo grip treatment like the HK45/p30?

As much as I would like to add one to the collection now, if there is the possibility that they will improve the ergonomics I would just as soon wait and hold on to the grand a little longer.

Thanks for any input.
irontexan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54   #2
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
If it did I would still have one, but I sold mine and am waiting for my dealer to get in the HK45.

The gun is cool the way it is though. The main reason I think they kept the P2000 grip is so it would be smoother for carry.
__________________
Hello!
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:04   #3
irontexan27
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
The currant grip does seem functional for carry purposes but from the looks of it the HK45c looks to be about the same size as the P30 or a Glock 19. Do they carry well? I may have to take a closer look at a P30 as well.
irontexan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 15:16   #4
gtmtnbiker98
Senior Member
 
gtmtnbiker98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Land of Buckeyes
Posts: 1,442
The 45c is a 45 caliber P2000, with carry in mind. It was introduced with this grip frame and will not be changed.
gtmtnbiker98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 19:44   #5
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by irontexan27 View Post
The currant grip does seem functional for carry purposes but from the looks of it the HK45c looks to be about the same size as the P30 or a Glock 19. Do they carry well? I may have to take a closer look at a P30 as well.
It doesn't carry that well, the USP Compact 45 would be a bit better. The 45c isn't a very compact gun though it is a compact version of the HK45. Its a bit bigger than a Glock 19.

Its a really nice gun though.
__________________
Hello!
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 20:29   #6
josey88
central Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
It doesn't carry that well, the USP Compact 45 would be a bit better. The 45c isn't a very compact gun though it is a compact version of the HK45. Its a bit bigger than a Glock 19.

Its a really nice gun though.
The HK45C carries great , because of the grip, and because it is thinner like a 1911 , unlike the USP45 , which is a thicker pistol. I know, because I carry the HK45C and I can say that it disappears on my waist with a IWB holster at 3:30 position. Very comfortable gun , very light weight ... I love that gun !
josey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:01   #7
Chonny
Senior Member
 
Chonny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 1,874
I coulda sworn it was a bit thicker in the grip but I did not own both pistols at once.

Good info.
__________________
Hello!
Chonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 13:48   #8
TRMN8R
Lifetime Membership
Cage Fighter
 
TRMN8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Harley City, GA
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by josey88 View Post
The HK45C carries great , because of the grip, and because it is thinner like a 1911 , unlike the USP45 , which is a thicker pistol. I know, because I carry the HK45C and I can say that it disappears on my waist with a IWB holster at 3:30 position. Very comfortable gun , very light weight ... I love that gun !
I agree. My HK45C is my current EDC (sometime alternate EDC to one of my P7s).

Grip is perfect for my hand/hold; relatively lightweight; nice S/A trigger; very accurate. Just a great carry piece.
__________________
G19G4/G22RTF2/G38/G42
HK45c
P2000 V1 LEM
P30S V1
XDM-40 Tactical
A butt-load of P7's...
TRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:38   #9
LSP972
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Zachary, LA
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by irontexan27 View Post
The currant grip does seem functional for carry purposes but from the looks of it the HK45c looks to be about the same size as the P30 or a Glock 19. Do they carry well? I may have to take a closer look at a P30 as well.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1222567

See post #6

.
__________________
"You say you have a "sheepdog" mentality. But if you have no structured training behind you... you're just barking."

"The retard cannot comprehend that everyone else... isn't."
-pangris
LSP972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 16:28   #10
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis
 
H&K 4 LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,381
Actually, the prototype HK45's had a P2000 style grip as well. It was later changed to the ergonomic grip featured on the production model.

Heckler & Koch Forum
__________________
"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by H&K 4 LIFE; 06-25-2010 at 16:29..
H&K 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 16:33   #11
TRMN8R
Lifetime Membership
Cage Fighter
 
TRMN8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Harley City, GA
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
Actually, the prototype HK45's had a P2000 style grip as well. It was later changed to the ergonomic grip featured on the production model.

Heckler & Koch Forum
What brand/type of sights are those on the suppressed HK45c? Strictly HK pre-production?

Never seen 'em available, although I could be looking in the wrong place .
__________________
G19G4/G22RTF2/G38/G42
HK45c
P2000 V1 LEM
P30S V1
XDM-40 Tactical
A butt-load of P7's...
TRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 16:46   #12
H&K 4 LIFE
Leonum A Ignis
 
H&K 4 LIFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRMN8R View Post
What brand/type of sights are those on the suppressed HK45c? Strictly HK pre-production?

Never seen 'em available, although I could be looking in the wrong place .
They look like tall Henie Strainght 8's to me. Not sure if Henie makes these, I think they only make the shorter ones for use without a suppressor.
__________________
"Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft." ~ Theodore Roosevelt
H&K 4 LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 17:25   #13
TRMN8R
Lifetime Membership
Cage Fighter
 
TRMN8R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Harley City, GA
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by H&K 4 LIFE View Post
They look like tall Henie Strainght 8's to me. Not sure if Henie makes these, I think they only make the shorter ones for use without a suppressor.
I'm thinking you might be right; must be these:

http://www.heinie.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=177

Wasn't sure because there's no image available, but they are specifically for suppressor application and the only one I've seen.

Already had the #3950 model in my cart from earlier, as I planned to put them on my P30. I have the Mep's on my HK45c, but prefer the QWIK Straight Eight much more. Better sight picture and MUCH faster follow-up target aquisition IMHO.
__________________
G19G4/G22RTF2/G38/G42
HK45c
P2000 V1 LEM
P30S V1
XDM-40 Tactical
A butt-load of P7's...
TRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 899
263 Members
636 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31