Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-29-2010, 21:53   #1
Gulfcop
Glockaholic

My desktop computer won't boot up. Ideas?

The other day I shut down my desk top computer.I went to boot it up the following morning. The computer would not get past the first screen which is an ASUS screen. The two times I finally got past that I got a blue screen. The blue screen error said something about a page error. I have no idea whats wrong with it.

I have windows Vist 32bit as the os.

are there any ideas? I am on my laptop.

I just tried the boot up again in safe mode and got Page_FAULT_IN_ NONPAGED_AREA in the blue screen. That error shuts down windows. I have no idea whats going on.
Old 06-29-2010, 21:56   #2
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc957625.aspx
"Man is not free unless Government is limited"
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 21:59   #3
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Do you have a program on your computer called NetLimiter? Just doing some googling, it seems to be responsible for that error quite a bit.

IGF
Old 06-29-2010, 22:04   #4
Gulfcop
Glockaholic

Not sure about that. I can't get into the system at all. The first screen that comes up has press the delete key to access setup or Tab to access bios post message. I press either of them and nothing happens. I tried F8 like that link you posted says to to and it does nothing.
Old 06-29-2010, 22:17   #5
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcop View Post
Not sure about that. I can't get into the system at all. The first screen that comes up has press the delete key to access setup or Tab to access bios post message. I press either of them and nothing happens. I tried F8 like that link you posted says to to and it does nothing.
This strongly suggests hardware...

Are you comfortable opening up your PC? I'm guessing 1(or both) of your Memory modules have croaked, or possibly some video ram ate it...

If you can open up the case, remove one RAM module(assuming you have two).. and try to boot the machine with just one. If you get the same error, reinsert the one you pulled, and pull the other one.... Pay attention to static, make sure your machine is off and unplugged, etc.
Old 06-29-2010, 22:18   #6
Gulfcop
Glockaholic

Good News

I noticed the key board seemed to have no power. I took it off and put on an old extra keyboard I had and it booted. I wonder if the keyboard went bad somehow?
Old 06-29-2010, 22:23   #7
IndyGunFreak
KO Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcop View Post
I noticed the key board seemed to have no power. I took it off and put on an old extra keyboard I had and it booted. I wonder if the keyboard went bad somehow?
Boy that is strange.. usually you'll get a Keyboard fault at the boot screen before it causes some funky blue screen...

It might have been the keyboard(just seems really unlikely to me).. if you've plugged in another keyboard and it's working.. shut the PC down, unplug the working keyboard, and plug in the other one, and boot up again, and see if it doesn't boot... That would narrow it down pretty quickly.

IGF
Old 06-29-2010, 22:35   #8
Gulfcop
Glockaholic

Well my desktop is up and running. I am posting from it right now. Freaking weird, I replace the keyboard with a different one and it seems I am good to go!

Thanks for your help........

on a side note I checked the problem reports and it lists nothing in there under the windows error area. This is really weird.............

Last edited by Gulfcop; 06-29-2010 at 22:40..
Gulfcop is offline   Reply With Quote