GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 21:51   #1
M1A Shooter
Senior Member
 
M1A Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 3,595
Send a message via Yahoo to M1A Shooter
Bushnell Elite 6500 Tactical

anyone use one of these? heard really good things about them so far. they come in a 2.5-16x44 or 4.5-30x50, might have the objective size wrong.

im currently debating if i want to chop the barrel on my R700 5R MilSpec. if i do, i may go with the 2.5-16x but am also debating going with the 4.5-30x as i can make pretty quick shots with the 4.5x setting and basically get a spotting scope as well on 30x. cant say the same for the 16x however i can see bullet holes at 225 with my current 16x.
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
M1A Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 14:33   #2
kluxman45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A Shooter View Post
anyone use one of these? heard really good things about them so far. they come in a 2.5-16x44 or 4.5-30x50, might have the objective size wrong.

im currently debating if i want to chop the barrel on my R700 5R MilSpec. if i do, i may go with the 2.5-16x but am also debating going with the 4.5-30x as i can make pretty quick shots with the 4.5x setting and basically get a spotting scope as well on 30x. cant say the same for the 16x however i can see bullet holes at 225 with my current 16x.
whats wrong with a mark4 leopold 8.5x25 lr/t m1?
kluxman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 14:34   #3
kluxman45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
ior too.got real good glass.
kluxman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 14:57   #4
DirtyRod
Pessimist
 
DirtyRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 13
The 6500s are a good mid level scope. The 4.5-30 has been reported as being fuzzy at the edges past about 26x. I assume you are talking about the tactical model so before I bought that model I'd get the 6-24x50 4200 tac which has the same tac knobs, sidefocus, and glass but has been reported to be rock solid and is available for right about $500 used. Like most Bushnell's the limited adjustability is the biggest issue with the 4200s so shooting long range will require a MOA base.

http://www.snipercentral.com/bushnell4200.phtml
__________________
Dirty Rod

1911s, Glock, XDs, ARs, HK91, Remmy 700
DirtyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 16:41   #5
kluxman45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5
im needing a scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyRod View Post
The 6500s are a good mid level scope. The 4.5-30 has been reported as being fuzzy at the edges past about 26x. I assume you are talking about the tactical model so before I bought that model I'd get the 6-24x50 4200 tac which has the same tac knobs, sidefocus, and glass but has been reported to be rock solid and is available for right about $500 used. Like most Bushnell's the limited adjustability is the biggest issue with the 4200s so shooting long range will require a MOA base.

http://www.snipercentral.com/bushnell4200.phtml
im needing a scope.leopold tac is to high for mybudget,is those bushnells good?which ones?4200 or 6500?i need on to see my bullet holes.i know leopold has real good glass.my friends said you get what you pay for.i like to shoot targets at 100 200 300 yrds.whatca think? how much is the one i should get?meaning bushnell
kluxman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 17:51   #6
M1A Shooter
Senior Member
 
M1A Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 3,595
Send a message via Yahoo to M1A Shooter
i was looking at leupold and most are jsut outside of my budget.

as far as needing to see bullet holes, i was able to see mine at 225 with a 16x so a 24x or so should be plenty at 300
__________________
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
M1A Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 20:14   #7
DirtyRod
Pessimist
 
DirtyRod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluxman45 View Post
im needing a scope.leopold tac is to high for mybudget,is those bushnells good?which ones?4200 or 6500?i need on to see my bullet holes.i know leopold has real good glass.my friends said you get what you pay for.i like to shoot targets at 100 200 300 yrds.whatca think? how much is the one i should get?meaning bushnell
Elite 4200 6-24x50 Tactical.

I've had one on my 700 for 2 years now. The erector got screwed somehow and Bushnell replaced the scope without question (2nd time they've replaced a used scope for me). Lifetime warranty with a money back guarantee in the first year if you buy new. In the $500-600 range it's the one I chose. For a little less, the 3200 5-15x40 Tac which should still give you enough magnification to get out to 800 yards. Many folks shoot 15x to 1k.

If not Bushnell, Viper Vortex 6-20x44.

Above $600 it's a whole different game but the Elite 4200 is a good mid-grade scope that is more than enough for most of us.
__________________
Dirty Rod

1911s, Glock, XDs, ARs, HK91, Remmy 700

Last edited by DirtyRod; 07-22-2010 at 20:24..
DirtyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 20:36   #8
Great Googly Moogly
Shiek Yerbouti
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Uncle Bernies Farm
Posts: 969
I went with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50. I hasn't come yet, but the glass is Japanese and it has a full lifetime warranty.
Great Googly Moogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:01.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,226
418 Members
808 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42