SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-08-2010, 15:57   #1
CDR_Glock

Carrying different ammo in the same magazine or revolver

Mas

I hear from time to time people talking about loading their gun with different ammunition. For example, Glaser bullet followed by a hydroshock, or two, etc. This sounds like an interesting strategy. Maybe it works. Maybe it doesn't. What are your thoughts? Is there a legal precedence for something like this where someone shot someone with a hodgepodge of different ammunition? I know that you're not fond of the 380 but I have heard/read of people using FMJ instead of hollowpoints. I can see someone alternating in a case of this particular caliber.

Have you heard or had any practical experience with Extreme Shock ammunition? It sounds a little too good to be true. It is too pricy to experiment with for me.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 21:56   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

CDR, answering your questions in reverse order, I haven't run across any actual shootings with Extreme Shock, and therefore can't make any recommendations pro or con. Saw its manufacturer do an impressive demo...am overdue to take the manufacturer up on the challenge to go hunting and kill something with it...but can't comment from any personal or gathered experience.

Staggered loads in the gun? I'm not comfortable with the concept. In more than 3 decades of debriefing gunfight survivors, I can count on my fingers the number who kept count of their rounds after it went past the first few shots. You really, REALLY want to know what's coming out of the gun the next time you pull the trigger -- penetration, point of aim/point of impact, all of that.

If you don't trust your .380 to get the job done with Bullet A and therefore back it up with Bullet B, it may just be Nature's way of telling you that .380 is submarginal for your needs...

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:49   #3
CDR_Glock

Thank you.

I shoot/carry S&W 40 and 357s. I have considered a smaller pistol for deep concealment. The P11 or PF9 are 9 mm that I have considered. However the LCP and DB380 are somewhere in the back of my mind.
CDR_Glock is offline   Reply With Quote