Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:12   #1
F350

How is Annapolis??

The wife has just applied for a job at that quaint little school there and the job ad could well have been written to fit her.

From everything I have read so far it looks like I'm screwed as far as any second amendment rights go. I have more than a couple Evil Black Rifles and over 100 magazines that hold in excess of 30 rounds as well as "normal" capacity pistol magazines and from what I have read I can bring them into the state. Do I have to do any registration of the handguns I bring with me???

In checking maps it looks like Annapolis is way to far from any free state for any reasonable commute so I would be sentenced to Annapolis Maryland for the duration. What is the housing situation (crime, quality/affordability of housing etc) in the area?
F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:50   #2
backbore

Send a message via Yahoo to backbore
You're not "screwed" in Md. You're screwed if you live in DC, NY, MA or Cali. Md is a pain and you can forget concealed carry but it's workable. We're also working to improve the situation and stop things from getting worse. We've headed off some crazy legislation proposals. You can't buy or sell mags over 20 rds but you may posses them so you're fine there. Since you already own your firearms you don't have to go and register them again with the State. Some good links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law...%28by_state%29
http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbys...gunlaws_md.htm

I don't spend a lot of time in Annapolis. But have spent lots of time at the Naval Academy, State Offices and similar areas. Overall it's nice there. I like it. I've been in the surrounding suburbs and I like what I see and feel (for what that's worth). To me all towns and cities are the same. They all have good parts and bad. I get my best info by talking to locals at the watering holes and asking what's good and bad. Then I visit both types of areas to draw my own conclusions.

I hope that was at least a little helpful. Best of luck.
backbore is offline   Reply With Quote