SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:38   #1
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

Georgia vacation carry ...

Iím a SC resident with both a SC and a Florida CWP, I will be vacationing at Tybee Island next week and I wanted to make sure that I understand Georgiaís gun laws.

I searched this forum and followed the links to Georgia Carry and Georgiapacking and from what I have read ... I can legally carry into restaurants that serve alcohol, into/on historic sites including the buildings (unless they qualify as a government building) and into restrooms at rest areas.

Now a few that Iím unsure of Ö can I carry on the beach or on the pier? What about into bars, and no I donít drink while carrying but my wife may want to partake. Also am I correct that "No Firearms" signs are not legal and that I can ignore them? Are there any off limits places that I missed?

Thanks for all the help.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58   #2
FillYerHands
you son of a

Beaches and piers are okay.

Bars and other places that derive more than 50% of their income from alcohol are off limits unless you have a letter from the owner. In general, if it's open on Sunday, you are okay. (Chik-Fil-A is okay, too.)

You can ignore places with posted "No Firearms" signs, but they may ask you to leave if they see your gun. If you don't leave, they can charge you with trespassing.

The only thing I would look out for would be the restriction on schools and universities. I know UGA operates some marine biology stations in the area, but they should be marked. This now only applies to the actual school grounds, not the old 1000 foot space around it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Clip? Magazine? Who cares? Take

|
|
Life Member |
FillYerHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 18:54   #3
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

Thanks!

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote