SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:42   #1
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Opinions on Rami poly vs alloy

Before I buy a new gun I am usually pretty methodical about reading everything i can and trying them out. I have been looking at the Rami pistols with much interest lately. The Polymer ones have been out long enough for people to have put them through their paces so I would like to hear from anyone that has owned, shot or carried both of them. How do they compare and which one would you recommend? Unfortunately I cannot find anyone around here that has one for rent let alone both of them. I have held the alloy version at a local shop and really had a hard time handing it back....

I have read a few posts on other forums but most seem to be from fanboys that tout their own gun because it's what they bought. I would love some objective opinions.

Thanks in advance.... Jim
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51   #2
gilfo

I have the poly version of the Rami. It has been nothing but reliable for me, I guess I have shot over 1000 rds without a problem. The reason I got the poly over the alloy was because I have small hands and it seemed to me a little thinner at the grip. If that is not a problem for you I would go with the alloy because you can change out the grips and I think also that the Kadet Kit 22lr conversion will fit on it. It won't on the poly, I tried. The poly is about 1 oz lighter if I am not mistaken. I truely believe that in whatever configuration you chose you will not be disappointed. By the way I had the curved trigger replaced with the 85 combat version and lightened up by Matt Mink and it is a dream to shoot.
gilfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:11   #3
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo View Post
I have the poly version of the Rami. It has been nothing but reliable for me, I guess I have shot over 1000 rds without a problem. The reason I got the poly over the alloy was because I have small hands and it seemed to me a little thinner at the grip. If that is not a problem for you I would go with the alloy because you can change out the grips and I think also that the Kadet Kit 22lr conversion will fit on it. It won't on the poly, I tried. The poly is about 1 oz lighter if I am not mistaken. I truely believe that in whatever configuration you chose you will not be disappointed. By the way I had the curved trigger replaced with the 85 combat version and lightened up by Matt Mink and it is a dream to shoot.
Thanks Gilfo. The only issues I have seen with any of the Poly Ramis is Failures to feed on some of the 40 guns. I would go with 9mm anyway so that's not an issue. What holster are you using and do you find it thin enough for IWB carry?
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 22:19   #4
B.Reid

I've been wondering the same thing.

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote