SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-15-2010, 15:26   #1
John Rambo
Raven

I got this here 5.56 red-tipped stuff

I thought it was regular lake city tracer ammo, but upon examining it, it looks like reloads. Forgive me as I'm not really savvy with reloading, but the top half of the casings are a little more grey than brass, you know, that once-shot look. The firing pin also shows signs of..umm..something red around it, some kind of primer or something? I honestly have no idea. The headstamp says RORG 89 and the NATO symbol, but it can't be the SS109 or whatever, because its got the red stripe on the round for tracer.

Anyone got any idea where this stuff came from? More importantly, how much is it going for? I got way more on a trade than I could ever want.

Last edited by John Rambo; 07-15-2010 at 15:27..
John Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 15:52   #2
John Rambo
Raven

Wanted to add some says 91 instead of 89. Is this stuff just reloaded RORG ammo?
Old 07-15-2010, 16:07   #3
Randy from Kansas

I wish I had way more 5.56 then I could ever want

sounds like new production, well new in 89 and 91 tracer rounds, the red stuff around the primer is sealer normal for production rounds also the discolored neck area of the brass it is part of the annealing process during production.

RORG is made in UK by Royal Ordnance Factory Radway Green

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Randy from Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 16:14   #4
John Rambo
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy from Kansas View Post
I wish I had way more 5.56 then I could ever want

sounds like new production, well new in 89 and 91 tracer rounds, the red stuff around the primer is sealer normal for production rounds also the discolored neck area of the brass it is part of the annealing process during production.

RORG is made in UK by Royal Ordnance Factory Radway Green
Awesome, so it isn't even reloads? Thats what I'm talking about - I've got 500 rounds of the stuff. You can't really shoot it anywhere here - I have to look into the private property and range laws, but I suspect you can shoot it on your own land or at a private range that allows you to, so I'll probably keep a few rounds. But really, I've got like 500 rounds of this stuff, theres no way I'll ever possibly shoot 500 tracer rounds.
Old 07-15-2010, 21:52   #5
Gunnut 45/454

Vip18971
Don't forget to clean your gun real good after firing it as well -tracer ammo is very corrosive! And don't expect any accuracy with it!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02   #6
MudMarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
Vip18971
Don't forget to clean your gun real good after firing it as well -tracer ammo is very corrosive! And don't expect any accuracy with it!
If it is original RORG and has a NATO headstamp, then it is accurate enough for overhead fires, or in other parlance, "close enough for govt. work."

Its just a fire hazard in dry conditions... Lots of range fires at Pendleton.....
MudMarine is offline   Reply With Quote