Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:09   #1
yamen1999

can you kill

In reading different forums on self defense one thing seems to be lacking. And that is just because you own a gun for self defense no one seems to address the question can you kill. I practice martial arts and I train with the mind set of inflicting sever injury on an attaker up to including deadly force. I train my mind to work in the high adrenalin range. The only other way I know of is to wait until the situation occures which I think is the wrong time to find out. I try to avoid confrontation because I believe violence is stupid, but there are people that only understand violence. How can a person train to be able to react with leathal force if they do not like the martial arts.

Thank you
yamen1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:35   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

The willingness to use appropriate force, however repugnant it may be to one's personal value system, is essential to self-defense. While I agree with you that the martial arts are one path to achieving that, a strong mental plan and the conviction to do what must be done in an emergency seem to be enough to get most people through.
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote