Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 18:38   #1
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Found an unfired FEG GKK-45...info anyone?

I set it aside at my local shop.

I was in there the other day and in the case was what looked to be a brand new GKK45 with beautiful bluing and barely a mark on it. My dealer told me he knew the person who traded it in and was told he never fired it. Upon inspection, I can certainly believe it, as the gun is immaculate inside and out.

These are similar to the double action FEG P9Rs, but are single stack with a larger, but slightly thinner frame. Its all steel and seems very well built. Its like a cross between a Hi-Power and S&W auto.

I believe the 45 version is fairly rare. I don't think I've ever seen one in a shop before and very rarely at a show, if ever. Certainly never in this condition. There isn't even a single model on Gunbroker right now.

I plan to bring it home soon. Its got the box, papers, and everything. I love finds like this and seem to stumble accross them from time to time by pure luck.

Anyone have an opinion on the FEG GKK-45? Anybody have one? Were many built?

Seems pretty cool to me.

Thanks for any info.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 18:44   #2
GlocksterPaulie
Perfectionist
 
GlocksterPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Damned if I know
Posts: 4,512
Bac,

Congrats on what I think will be an excellent addition to your collection. I did see one about Three years ago while traveling, no way near the condition you tell us this one is in.

I definitely want to see pictures when you get it.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/919432333...FEG_GKK_45.htm

Paulie

Last edited by GlocksterPaulie; 07-21-2010 at 18:46..
GlocksterPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:34   #3
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlocksterPaulie View Post
Bac,

Congrats on what I think will be an excellent addition to your collection. I did see one about Three years ago while traveling, no way near the condition you tell us this one is in.

I definitely want to see pictures when you get it.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/919432333...FEG_GKK_45.htm

Paulie
Thanks Paulie. Will do. It does look very nice.

I did see that old auction, as well as an old Gunbroker auction.



.

Last edited by bac1023; 07-21-2010 at 19:57..
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:46   #4
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache
 
Dalton Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 13,663
Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
I have one, It saved my bacon once out in the forest, when I stepped on huge rattle snake
that's all I will say about it, it jams
Regards
DW
__________________
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, sometimes we just snuggle
Regards
DW
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:49   #5
tadbart
duuuuude.
 
tadbart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: geriatric paradise
Posts: 2,362
wow. when Bac is askin' 'bout a pistol... perhaps this find is goin' to the right collection! congrats!
__________________
"A firm pimp hand gets you paid." ~Berto

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:49   #6
american lockpicker
License to Il
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wood County, West Virginia
Posts: 8,221
I bought a Feg hipower clone after obama got in office and it was nice and reliable. I traded it and an M&P .38 for a used gen 2 G17.
american lockpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:57   #7
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
wow. when Bac is askin' 'bout a pistol... perhaps this find is goin' to the right collection! congrats!
Thanks.

I really enjoy finds like this.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 22:59   #8
Titurel
Brick Eater
 
Titurel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 880
Very cool find! Its hard to get much info on them, other than that people who own them seem to like them. Are you going to shoot it? BTW, my Dad speaks Hungarian if you run into something online and need it translated. I can't even find the FEG website.
__________________
ACOG4X32JN8:12
Titurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:34   #9
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titurel View Post
Very cool find! Its hard to get much info on them, other than that people who own them seem to like them. Are you going to shoot it? BTW, my Dad speaks Hungarian if you run into something online and need it translated. I can't even find the FEG website.
Thanks.

I do plan to shoot it.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11   #10
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 30,490


I had the PJK9HP (MKII BHP clone), it was very much a solidly built and reliable gun (about 5K through it)

They have very nice bluing as you observed, you'll see more evidence of machine marks inside the slide, but nothing horrible.
I once spoke to Kassnar (importer, KBI) concerning the metallugy of these guns, they are forged 4140 steel frame and slide, FWIW.
Your gun is likely the same.
__________________
The West is the Best.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 15:32   #11
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
I had the PJK9HP (MKII BHP clone), it was very much a solidly built and reliable gun (about 5K through it)

They have very nice bluing as you observed, you'll see more evidence of machine marks inside the slide, but nothing horrible.
I once spoke to Kassnar (importer, KBI) concerning the metallugy of these guns, they are forged 4140 steel frame and slide, FWIW.
Your gun is likely the same.
Thanks for the info, Berto.

That sounds great.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 15:47   #12
WiskyT
Malcontent
 
WiskyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,764
They used to sell the FEG guns, 9mm and 45, at Sports Authority of all places. That was in the early 90's. Like all guns, I wanted one. I didn't have money to buy things I didn't need back then, so I got by with my GP100 and my Lee 1000.
__________________
Drugs are bad because if you do drugs you're a hippie and hippies suck.
Eric Cartman


"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 15:48   #13
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
They used to sell the FEG guns, 9mm and 45, at Sports Authority of all places. That was in the early 90's. Like all guns, I wanted one. I didn't have money to buy things I didn't need back then, so I got by with my GP100 and my Lee 1000.
Yeah, this one is from 1993, I believe.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 15:58   #14
rfd339
Senior Member
 
rfd339's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Hendersonville, N.C.
Posts: 3,984
Send a message via Yahoo to rfd339
My local shop had one about a month ago on consignment and the owner was asking $400 for it . It in LNIB condition and looked unfired. It looked well made and would add to your HP style collection. Congrats early.

Last edited by rfd339; 07-22-2010 at 15:59..
rfd339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 16:54   #15
ronin.45
Senior Member
 
ronin.45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 9,117
Sounds like another nice one, Bac.

Good find.
__________________
As I go through life I keep coming to the same conclusion, people are generally stupid.
ronin.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 17:51   #16
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
Sounds like another nice one, Bac.

Good find.
Thanks Ronin
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 18:30   #17
skelley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Longtime owner of GKK-45

Nobody has posted to this thread for awhile, so hopefully somebody will read it and get some benefit from this information.

I've had my GKK-45 for a number of years, and have put a lot of rounds through it. Mine is the stainless model, and I'm very happy with it. It's sturdy, tough, and fires well. I use both factory and reload ammo in it, and I think I've only had a couple of stovepipes in all that time. I haven't adjusted the sights in any way, and it is quite accurate. The only thing I have to watch out for is drift to the right as the barrel heats up. This is only a real problem when I do some rapid firing. I don't know if this is common with all of these, or if there is some anomaly with the machining of my barrel. Either way, I have adjusted and live with it.

For those who wonder about grips and parts: It is not a copy of the Hi-Power, so parts and grips do not fit. I didn't like the original grips, so I made a set of my own using Hogue grips for the Hi-Power, liquid rubber, and some creative grinding.

I'm very fond of my GKK-45. I've considered getting rid of it a couple of times, but I just couldn't do it. Double action .45s are not easy to come by.
skelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 19:03   #18
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 93,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley View Post
Nobody has posted to this thread for awhile, so hopefully somebody will read it and get some benefit from this information.

I've had my GKK-45 for a number of years, and have put a lot of rounds through it. Mine is the stainless model, and I'm very happy with it. It's sturdy, tough, and fires well. I use both factory and reload ammo in it, and I think I've only had a couple of stovepipes in all that time. I haven't adjusted the sights in any way, and it is quite accurate. The only thing I have to watch out for is drift to the right as the barrel heats up. This is only a real problem when I do some rapid firing. I don't know if this is common with all of these, or if there is some anomaly with the machining of my barrel. Either way, I have adjusted and live with it.

For those who wonder about grips and parts: It is not a copy of the Hi-Power, so parts and grips do not fit. I didn't like the original grips, so I made a set of my own using Hogue grips for the Hi-Power, liquid rubber, and some creative grinding.

I'm very fond of my GKK-45. I've considered getting rid of it a couple of times, but I just couldn't do it. Double action .45s are not easy to come by.


Wow, that's an interesting way to make your first post.

I did pick up the gun a while back and I like it quite a bit.


General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 19:19   #19
oldnoob
Senior Member
 
oldnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: City of Angel, California
Posts: 4,265
I had a chance to grab one of this few years ago but let it go. From what I can remember, it's like full size s&w 39 or single stack 59 (depend which way you see them). If I recall, it's PITA to find mag/parts for it.

Nice find bac.
__________________
Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
My mini forum.
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 20:47   #20
craig19
Senior Member
 
craig19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,865
That looks like a cross between a Smith auto and BHP, two of my favorites autos. That's very interesting. Nice looking gun, thanks for sharing, Brian.
__________________
G19, G21, G22
craig19 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:43.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 891
223 Members
668 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31