Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-21-2010, 18:38   #1
bac1023

Found an unfired FEG GKK-45...info anyone?

I set it aside at my local shop.

I was in there the other day and in the case was what looked to be a brand new GKK45 with beautiful bluing and barely a mark on it. My dealer told me he knew the person who traded it in and was told he never fired it. Upon inspection, I can certainly believe it, as the gun is immaculate inside and out.

These are similar to the double action FEG P9Rs, but are single stack with a larger, but slightly thinner frame. Its all steel and seems very well built. Its like a cross between a Hi-Power and S&W auto.

I believe the 45 version is fairly rare. I don't think I've ever seen one in a shop before and very rarely at a show, if ever. Certainly never in this condition. There isn't even a single model on Gunbroker right now.

I plan to bring it home soon. Its got the box, papers, and everything. I love finds like this and seem to stumble accross them from time to time by pure luck.

Anyone have an opinion on the FEG GKK-45? Anybody have one? Were many built?

Seems pretty cool to me.

Thanks for any info.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 18:44   #2
GlocksterPaulie
Perfectionist

Bac,

Congrats on what I think will be an excellent addition to your collection. I did see one about Three years ago while traveling, no way near the condition you tell us this one is in.

I definitely want to see pictures when you get it.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/919432333...FEG_GKK_45.htm

Paulie

Last edited by GlocksterPaulie; 07-21-2010 at 18:46..
GlocksterPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:34   #3
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlocksterPaulie View Post
Bac,

Congrats on what I think will be an excellent addition to your collection. I did see one about Three years ago while traveling, no way near the condition you tell us this one is in.

I definitely want to see pictures when you get it.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/919432333...FEG_GKK_45.htm

Paulie
Thanks Paulie. Will do. It does look very nice.

I did see that old auction, as well as an old Gunbroker auction.

Last edited by bac1023; 07-21-2010 at 19:57..
Old 07-21-2010, 19:46   #4
Dalton Wayne
CLM Number 239
Epic mustache

Send a message via MSN to Dalton Wayne Send a message via Skype™ to Dalton Wayne
I have one, It saved my bacon once out in the forest, when I stepped on huge rattle snake
that's all I will say about it, it jams
Regards
DW
Dalton Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:49   #5
tadbart
duuuuude.

wow. when Bac is askin' 'bout a pistol... perhaps this find is goin' to the right collection! congrats!

G19
pointy stick
sharp wit
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:49   #6
american lockpicker
License to Il

I bought a Feg hipower clone after obama got in office and it was nice and reliable. I traded it and an M&P .38 for a used gen 2 G17.
american lockpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 19:57   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadbart View Post
wow. when Bac is askin' 'bout a pistol... perhaps this find is goin' to the right collection! congrats!
Thanks.

I really enjoy finds like this.
Old 07-21-2010, 22:59   #8
Titurel
Brick Eater

Very cool find! Its hard to get much info on them, other than that people who own them seem to like them. Are you going to shoot it? BTW, my Dad speaks Hungarian if you run into something online and need it translated. I can't even find the FEG website.
ACOG4X32JN8:12
Titurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:34   #9
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titurel View Post
Very cool find! Its hard to get much info on them, other than that people who own them seem to like them. Are you going to shoot it? BTW, my Dad speaks Hungarian if you run into something online and need it translated. I can't even find the FEG website.
Thanks.

I do plan to shoot it.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:11   #10
Berto
woo woo

I had the PJK9HP (MKII BHP clone), it was very much a solidly built and reliable gun (about 5K through it)

They have very nice bluing as you observed, you'll see more evidence of machine marks inside the slide, but nothing horrible.
I once spoke to Kassnar (importer, KBI) concerning the metallugy of these guns, they are forged 4140 steel frame and slide, FWIW.
Your gun is likely the same.
Old 07-22-2010, 15:32   #11
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
I had the PJK9HP (MKII BHP clone), it was very much a solidly built and reliable gun (about 5K through it)

They have very nice bluing as you observed, you'll see more evidence of machine marks inside the slide, but nothing horrible.
I once spoke to Kassnar (importer, KBI) concerning the metallugy of these guns, they are forged 4140 steel frame and slide, FWIW.
Your gun is likely the same.
Thanks for the info, Berto.

That sounds great.
Old 07-22-2010, 15:47   #12
WiskyT
Malcontent

They used to sell the FEG guns, 9mm and 45, at Sports Authority of all places. That was in the early 90's. Like all guns, I wanted one. I didn't have money to buy things I didn't need back then, so I got by with my GP100 and my Lee 1000.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 15:48   #13
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
They used to sell the FEG guns, 9mm and 45, at Sports Authority of all places. That was in the early 90's. Like all guns, I wanted one. I didn't have money to buy things I didn't need back then, so I got by with my GP100 and my Lee 1000.
Yeah, this one is from 1993, I believe.
Old 07-22-2010, 15:58   #14
rfd339

Send a message via Yahoo to rfd339
My local shop had one about a month ago on consignment and the owner was asking $400 for it . It in LNIB condition and looked unfired. It looked well made and would add to your HP style collection. Congrats early.

Last edited by rfd339; 07-22-2010 at 15:59..
rfd339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 16:54   #15
ronin.45

Sounds like another nice one, Bac.

Good find.
Old 07-22-2010, 17:51   #16
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin.45 View Post
Sounds like another nice one, Bac.

Good find.
Thanks Ronin
Old 01-29-2012, 18:30   #17
skelley

Longtime owner of GKK-45

Nobody has posted to this thread for awhile, so hopefully somebody will read it and get some benefit from this information.

I've had my GKK-45 for a number of years, and have put a lot of rounds through it. Mine is the stainless model, and I'm very happy with it. It's sturdy, tough, and fires well. I use both factory and reload ammo in it, and I think I've only had a couple of stovepipes in all that time. I haven't adjusted the sights in any way, and it is quite accurate. The only thing I have to watch out for is drift to the right as the barrel heats up. This is only a real problem when I do some rapid firing. I don't know if this is common with all of these, or if there is some anomaly with the machining of my barrel. Either way, I have adjusted and live with it.

For those who wonder about grips and parts: It is not a copy of the Hi-Power, so parts and grips do not fit. I didn't like the original grips, so I made a set of my own using Hogue grips for the Hi-Power, liquid rubber, and some creative grinding.

I'm very fond of my GKK-45. I've considered getting rid of it a couple of times, but I just couldn't do it. Double action .45s are not easy to come by.
skelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 19:03   #18
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley View Post
Nobody has posted to this thread for awhile, so hopefully somebody will read it and get some benefit from this information.

I've had my GKK-45 for a number of years, and have put a lot of rounds through it. Mine is the stainless model, and I'm very happy with it. It's sturdy, tough, and fires well. I use both factory and reload ammo in it, and I think I've only had a couple of stovepipes in all that time. I haven't adjusted the sights in any way, and it is quite accurate. The only thing I have to watch out for is drift to the right as the barrel heats up. This is only a real problem when I do some rapid firing. I don't know if this is common with all of these, or if there is some anomaly with the machining of my barrel. Either way, I have adjusted and live with it.

For those who wonder about grips and parts: It is not a copy of the Hi-Power, so parts and grips do not fit. I didn't like the original grips, so I made a set of my own using Hogue grips for the Hi-Power, liquid rubber, and some creative grinding.

I'm very fond of my GKK-45. I've considered getting rid of it a couple of times, but I just couldn't do it. Double action .45s are not easy to come by.

Wow, that's an interesting way to make your first post.

I did pick up the gun a while back and I like it quite a bit.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-29-2012, 19:19   #19
oldnoob

I had a chance to grab one of this few years ago but let it go. From what I can remember, it's like full size s&w 39 or single stack 59 (depend which way you see them). If I recall, it's PITA to find mag/parts for it.

Nice find bac.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

My mini forum.
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 20:47   #20
craig19

That looks like a cross between a Smith auto and BHP, two of my favorites autos. That's very interesting. Nice looking gun, thanks for sharing, Brian.