Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-24-2010, 23:00   #1
Saleen

which would you choose in a 20ga...

Ok, a little variation on the 870 vs mossberg 500 thread. What would you buy,both are about the same price... 1990 Wingmaster 870 28" barrel, hardly ever shot (I would have barrel chopped to 18") or a brand new Mossberg 500 "persuader" 20ga (model 50452) ? Using strictly for HD.
Saleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 23:13   #2
aippi

the 870 for sure. There are 18.5" barrels for the 20 ga and getting one of those and keeping the long one or selling it is a better option then cutting it down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 00:52   #3
Saleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
the 870 for sure. There are 18.5" barrels for the 20 ga and getting one of those and keeping the long one or selling it is a better option then cutting it down.
do they make 18.5" barrel's for the old wingmaster 20 ga that were built on the 12 ga frame? i think thats what it might be, but not for sure.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:17   #4
aippi

No they don't. If the serial number ends in the Letter "N" or "X" that is the heavy frame and to cut that barrel down would be a sin. I would not buy that model to convert.

Getting the new 20 ga HD or even the Jr. with the 21" barrel is a better option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Remington LE Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
aippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 17:52   #5
Saleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aippi View Post
No they don't. If the serial number ends in the Letter "N" or "X" that is the heavy frame and to cut that barrel down would be a sin. I would not buy that model to convert.

Getting the new 20 ga HD or even the Jr. with the 21" barrel is a better option.
i went to Cabela's today. Checked out the 870 and Mossberg 500. Not sure if it's just me, but the Mossberg felt really cheapy. Just not as tight as the various other brands i messed with while there. But i guess it holds up just fine despite that, since its well known for being a reliable weapon.